Senior Signal Processing Engineer (Algorithm & Research)
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Algorithm & Research Engineer at WHOOP, you will be part of a cross-functional team comprised of DSP, firmware, and electrical engineers. You will work on the core, fundamental features at WHOOP, which is also an incredibly difficult technical problem, of obtaining heart rate and other physiological information from noisy sensor data as well as developing algorithms and features that help us understand the confidence in our measurements. You will keep an eye towards the customer experience, ensuring that all algorithms that are created work across our diverse user population.
- Research, design, development and verification of algorithms to solve complex signal processing and data science challenges
- Develop innovative and creative algorithms to improve the performance
- Participate in software development, debugging and validation in order to ensure code and results are production ready
- Create Mathematical modeling, build, train and test Machine Learning models for big data
- Work with product, marketing and end users to refine requirements
- Provide leadership and coaching to peers and team members
- 5+ years of industry or research experience in signal processing and/or machine learning
- Experience analyzing biomedical data and big data
- Expertise in C and/or Python
- Deep knowledge of ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Experience with biosensor systems
- DSP experience with demonstrated performance creating new algorithms from ideation through implementation
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP)
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Innovative and knowledgeable, and be able to adapt to changing requirements while still producing quality algorithms with tight deadlines