Senior Electrical Engineer, Platform Validation
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As an Electrical Engineer at WHOOP, you will work with the Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain teams on developing and supporting cutting edge wearable technologies. You will support the design, mass production, and continuous improvement of cutting edge wearables, perform technical root cause analysis of field returns, identify corrective actions and design changes, and support ATE (automated test equipment) development. You will interface directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers (CMs) to identify and execute on opportunities to improve yield, decrease field returns, and reduce cost. You are deeply familiar with electrical concepts and best practices and have the vocabulary to work with mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, and technicians.
- Hands-on debugging, analysis, and validation using multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, LCR meters, and soldering irons
- Electrical, electromechanical, and optoelectronic component selection
- Schematic capture and PCB layout of electrical circuits with mass production in mind using CAD and simulation tools such as Altium and SPICE
- Design of low power, low noise, mixed signal sensor circuits
- Support of manufacturing, including validation of second sources, development of functional tests, and design of electrical test platforms
- Work with diverse cross-functional teams to validate hardware features, improve device performance, and provide support
- Support research and development of next generation technologies, manufacturing techniques, and concepts
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally to partners, suppliers, and contract manufacturers
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%
- BS or greater in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in relevant fields
- Extensive Electrical Engineering skills including familiarity with circuit design, component fundamentals, power supply design, RF layout, digital communication protocols, manufacturing processes, automated test, and debug of sophisticated systems
- Lab experience including soldering and the use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, SMUs, RF analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with ECAD tools such as Altium and PLM tools like Arena
- Experience in designing and developing consumer electronics at scale and/or bio-medical sensors such as ECG, PPG, SpO₂, GSR, etc.
This role will be based onsite in our Boston headquarters.