Boston, MA /
Business Intelligence & Analytics /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to build the infrastructure and team dedicated to providing the infrastructure, data process, and tooling to enable the Business Analytics team leverage our diverse data in driving business decisions.
- Define and build scalable infrastructure that will enable the Analytics team to derive insights and build models faster and more efficiently than they can today
- Work across teams to set design of data model, ETL, and storage strategies
- Advise the Analytics team on scaling infrastructure and storage to support increasingly complex integrations with product testing and modeling
- Lead the Analytics team in automating data migration and centralization across multiple sources
- Advocate for new technological adoptions and or third party software solutions
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Experience with Python, SQL and Java
- Experience in moving large volumes of data between distributed and relational databases for the purposes of analysis
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud solutions
- Have familiarity with one or more of the following; Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, RedShift
- Have scaled data infrastructure to support diverse ETL needs and predictive model development
- Enjoy working in a high-growth start up environment; self-starting
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.