Senior Program Manager
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Senior Program Manager at WHOOP, you will be a part of the Hardware Team, which includes Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded, and Signal Processing engineers. You will be tasked with overseeing the successful completion of engineering projects driven by innovative and unique implementation of physiological sensing technologies. These projects will span the range of the entire product lifecycle, starting from concept, through development and launch, and ultimately to end-of-life.
- Develop program plans consistent with WHOOP goals and requirements for product performance, schedule, and cost
- Coordinate the execution of engineering builds with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Understand technical issues to facilitate resolution of project blockers
- Bring together key stakeholders to facilitate timely and lasting decision-making
- Manage the WHOOP New Product Development Process to enable execution of programs in an organized, methodical, and predictable manner
- Identify and track program risks and issues while managing efforts to reduce potential impacts
- Facilitate cross-functional communication across WHOOP for program awareness and understanding
- Engineering degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of industry experience in the area of consumer electronic product development
- Have successfully launched at least one hardware product with cross functional dependencies (Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded, Manufacturing, etc)
- Working knowledge of the different lead times and process flows for developing and sourcing product components (PCBs, batteries, plastics, metals, etc.)
- Experience communicating with Engineering, Manufacturing, and external partners and contractors both domestically and internationally in a CM/JDM model
- Experience with internal Manufacturing teams desirable
- Experience with biosensor systems and wearable devices desirable
- Innovative, knowledgeable, and able to adapt to changing requirements within a delivery timeline
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Spanish language skills desirable
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.