Software Engineer II (Full Stack)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we are on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Software Engineer II (Full-Stack) you'll work closely with talented Embedded Firmware, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineers as well as researchers in WHOOP Labs to assist in the production of world class technology at WHOOP in a dynamic, fun, multi-disciplinary team. The tools you'll be building will be used by internal teams to validate and test hardware that will shape the prospective products at WHOOP. In this role, you'll actively contribute to what WHOOP builds in the future.
- Write, test, debug and maintain software written in TypeScript and Python
- Participate in architecture reviews that will support data gathering for the current and future versions of hardware
- Participate in data collection studies and events to help improve algorithms
- Conduct mathematical and software analyses of issues as they arise
- Perform internal product testing and qualification
- Experience with modern websites and application frameworks
- Web developer with a passion for getting things done quickly
- Some experience in Python or other backend technologies is a plus with a desire to learn more
- Understanding of API and RESTful services
- Experience with relational databases either Postgres, MySql, SQL. Optionally NoSQL databases
- Experience with Git and Github or Gitlab
- Desire to learn and work outside of your discipline focus
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong tendency to take initiative, to work autonomously and with minimal direction
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Very motivated to build, deploy, monitor, and scale services that impact and inform the future products of the company
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility