NPI Project Manager, Apparel and Accessories
Boston, MA /
Apparel & Accessories /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a NPI Project Manager at WHOOP you will participate in the design process of technical garments and accessories created for the enhancement of sports and fitness. You will partner with other data and test engineers to ensure our Apparel and Accessories are qualified for high performance through comprehensive in-house testing.
This role reports to the Vice President, Apparel and Accessories
- Be an integral member of the Apparel and Accessory product creation team by providing technical feedback in the conceptual and testing development stages
- Planning and execution of New Product builds and tactical management of external partners and suppliers while ensuring a timely feedback loop with Apparel and Accessory creation teams to architect solutions to project blockers
- In collaboration with WHOOP Labs test coordinator, design and execute product testing protocol in order to evaluate the performance and viability of various athletic apparel and accessory items
- Manage fast-paced multi-disciplinary projects from end-to-end, covering a range of development and manufacturing programs
- Develop and drive multiple project schedules and task lists at the same time ensuring high quality delivery on-time and on-budget, mitigating risk where necessary
- Partner with Data Processing and Signal Processing teams to ensure that apparel standards are maintained in the collection of data and signal feedback
- Lead team meetings and project reviews for rapid development cycles while remaining agile and confident in the face of changing requirements and ambiguity
- Provide clear project status and issue tracking reports on development progress to team leads and management
- Drive to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision-making to meet overall project objectives
- Track and prioritize projects and product risks in an organized and methodical way
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Biomechanical Mechanical preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years engineering commercial projects, preferably in a commercially-minded environment
- Ability to partner with product design and Marketing to build high performance products for an athletic environment
- Track record of successfully delivering on project timelines
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Experienced in defining and managing project schedules and work breakdown structures
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities
- PMP certification desirable
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.