Staff Software Engineer (Front End)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Web Staff Software Engineer at WHOOP, you will help define the web strategy from the hosting infrastructure to a specific testing library. You will embed across groups to drive strategically important projects across the software organization.
Your work spans multiple groups and your impact is felt and multiplied through up-leveling others. The right candidate is passionate about being an enabler and a challenger. You champion efforts for how engineers approach quality, delivery of software and operational excellence.
- Help improve the overall experience across WHOOP’s web products
- Drive innovation through a willingness to execute against WHOOP’s most complex challenges
- Lead projects that span multiple teams such as common libraries for components, authentication, testing and analytics
- Proactively determine where inefficiencies exist and steer the solutions across the finish line
- Empower a high performance culture across front-end engineers through sponsoring and mentorship
- You have a deep understanding of browser APIs
- You can communicate clearly and concisely across multiple groups and departments
- You excel at breaking down complex projects into manageable chunks
- You are a team player who thrives on continuous learning and direct feedback, both incoming and outgoing
- Demonstrated ability to drive and ship high-impact features
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Experience digging deep into the code and can optimize the performance of web applications
- Experience with React frameworks such as Nextjs or Gatsby
- Experience integrating with headless Content Management Systems
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility