Growth Lead Specialist
Washington D.C. Metro Area
THE WHYHOTEL OPPORTUNITY & CHALLENGE
Have you ever wondered where the WeWorks, Airbnbs, and Ubers of the world came from? It's easy enough to just enjoy these companies that sprung up and not think about how they came to be. The reality is that they were built from the ground up by many dedicated people committed to taking a new idea and making it feel as though the world could not live without it. We at WhyHotel are carving out our own industry-changing company starting by making pop up hotels a thing. We are bringing flexibility to the most inflexible asset ever: high-rise real estate. Today, our hotels operate out of newly-constructed apartment buildings (explainer video here); however, this is just the start. We are using our current platform as the springboard to further blur the line between hospitality, home, and work. Our goal is to build the engine that makes real estate better, smarter, and more flexible for consumers, developers, investors, and cities alike.
With 4 hotels and growing (insider peek here), WhyHotel has secured around $15M in venture capital financing in less than two years and is poised to scale. With a staff of about 50 today, we are now seeking many more A-team players to join both our corporate team and create exceptional guest experiences in our pop-up hotels.. If you're interested in joining a fun, fast-paced, high-growth start-up, read on.
You are the engine that propels our growth in multiple markets across the country. Your mission is to own your territory and everything that happens in it. You will work closely with our corporate and regional management team to track ongoing sales development pipelines within your markets. You will help us source leads for future prospective pop-up hotels, as well as provide administrative support to your team in order to help close deals.
You will have built out and defined the sales function for an industry-changing company. You will have played a critical role in helping to develop the team and regional offices that will form the backbone of WhyHotel's sales organization for the foreseeable future.
YOUR CHARGE (WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING)
Over the first 2 weeks:
1. Learn everything about WhyHotel and your team as you onboard, attend training and self study to know everything you need to be successful in you role
2. Partner closely with your management team to formulate your individual territory, strategy, and plan of action
3. Jump right into the fire, and attack your goal as fast as possible!
By end of Q2, 2019:
1. Develop and demonstrate to your manager (through emails, 1x1 discussions and sitting in on calls) your systematic and effective marketing and sales approach
2. Schedule, manage and complete your quota of First Sales Interactions (FSIs).
1. Continue to schedule, manage, and complete your quota of FSIs.
2. Report out weekly to your manager on your sales strategy which includes your call and email activity, what meetings you've scheduled and completed, your successes, and where you are stuck. This is a dynamic, ever-changing role!
3. Assist your regional manager with scheduling and managing follow up conversations.
4. Shadow team leaders to better understand the industry and sales process.
5. Prepare for each meeting as though you were running it yourself. Ensure your manager is well informed prior to the start of each interaction.
HOW YOU'LL GO ABOUT IT
1. You hear and see yourself in more of our core values than not. And you're really excited to live by them.
2. You are highly organized. You excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park.
3. You are a stellar communicator. You are effectively and efficiently able to communicate lots of nitty gritty detail with your fellow team members and management in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving sales environment.
4. You excel at steep learning curves. A lot of information will be thrown at you early and often. You have demonstrated success thinking on your feet and not allowing your learning process to hinder your ability to building a pipeline of deals that close.
5. You have 1-3 years of experience in a quota bearing role (either in inside or outside sales).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Answers to Your Questions: We have hopefully anticipated and answered many of your candidate questions in our insider candidate playbook HERE. Please read this before you apply.
- Salary + Perks: $45K base + $15K bonus for a total of $60K on target earnings. We match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to our 401(k) up to 4%, you'll get shares in the company after your first quarter, we provide medical and dental insurance and we'll reimburse you $75/monthly for your cell phone.
- Manager: Initially you will report to the awesome Nate Raymond, VP of Real Estate Development. Once we hire Regional Managers you'll report to one of them.
- Location: You will be working directly out of our Washington, DC office, located on H Street NE.
- Team Beats Individual: We are in this together. We hold all team members responsible for bringing talent into our organization and guests to our hotels - after all, it's the only way we're going to grow.
At WhyHotel, we don't just accept difference we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our work and our community. WhyHotel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.