Senior Analyst, Social Media & Reputation Management
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Marketing, Branding, and Revenue
THE WHYHOTEL OPPORTUNITY & CHALLENGE
Have you ever wondered where the WeWorks, Airbnbs, and Ubers of the world came from? It's easy enough to just enjoy these companies that sprung up and not think about how they came to be. The reality is that they were built from the ground up by many dedicated people committed to taking a new idea and making it feel as though the world could not live without it. We at WhyHotel are carving out our own industry-changing company starting by making pop up hotels a thing. We are bringing flexibility to the most inflexible asset ever: high-rise real estate. Today, our hotels operate out of newly-constructed apartment buildings (explainer video here); however, this is just the start. We are using our current platform as the springboard to further blur the line between hospitality, home, and work. Our goal is to build the engine that makes real estate better, smarter, and more flexible for consumers, developers, investors, and cities alike.
With 4 hotels and growing (insider peek here), WhyHotel has secured around $15M in venture capital financing in less than two years and is poised to scale. With a staff of about 50 today, we are now seeking many more A-team players to join both our corporate team and create exceptional guest experiences in our pop-up hotels.. If you're interested in joining a fun, fast-paced, high-growth start-up, read on.
You are the mastermind and puppeteer behind WhyHotel’s online presence across social media and OTAs. Your relentless creativity and strategic thinking empower you to use WhyHotel’s unique values to build out engaging and dynamic content while upholding the tenants of WhyHotel’s brand by proactively managing our reputation online.
You were a key player in establishing WhyHotel’s founding marketing team, and used your rich experiences in the social media and the OTA landscape to propel WhyHotel’s growth as the company entered a major expansion phase. You supported WhyHotel’s journey to becoming a household name by enhancing our online presence.
YOUR CHARGE (WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING)
Over the first 4 weeks:
- Learn WhyHotel, our team, and our systems through self-study and interviewing team members.
- Understand the overall WhyHotel customer experience from discovery, to booking, to check-in and check-out, and retention.
- Deeply audit WhyHotel’s existing social media accounts and digital presence. Then, design a strategy that will foster a sense of community by driving additional followers, engagement, and user-generated content.
-Begin managing WhyHotel’s online reputation by responding to comments, reviews, and messages across social media and OTAs (TripAdvisor, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.).
Over the first 3 months:
- Partner with on-site hospitality teams to creatively showcase WhyHotel’s unique brand and value propositions through beautiful and engaging online content.
- Proactively manage social media accounts, customer questions and feedback. Keep the feedback loop going by communicating themes and patterns back to on-site teams for improvement.
- Build out an influencer strategy that identifies key players and leverages their personal brands by seamlessly and natively showcasing WhyHotel to their audiences.
- Track, analyze, and report out on your key community engagement metrics: followers, likes, comments, engagement rates, reviews, etc.
- Own our entire online content strategy. Work ahead to design a robust content calendar, seeking out and creating brand moments to highlight. Partner with our in-house designer to build out eye-catching, cohesive, and on-brand visuals.
- Research social media and marketing trends to ensure we always have a baseline to benchmark our performance against.
- Oversee brand presence across all social media platforms and OTAs.
- Assist marketing team with additional projects as needed.
- Expect to spend a significant amount of time (15-20%) on-property to capture on-brand content in real time.
HOW YOU’LL GO ABOUT IT
- You hear and see yourself in more of our core values than not. And you’re really excited to live by them.
- 2-3 years experience managing organic social media campaigns.
- 1-2 years online community management experience.
- 1+ years in the weeds, analyzing data to draw insights and report on ROI.
- You are a clear communicator who can efficiently and effectively move information up, down, and across the chain of command.
- You are a social media expert who will use their creative and technical skills to give WhyHotel’s prospective customers and guests the best possible interactions within our online channels.
- You’re a digital native who is in the know on social media and internet trends. You’ll help WhyHotel stay ahead of the curve.
- You’re motivated by the big picture, but you’re obsessed with the day-to-day and details that help you reach the end goal. You know how to get WhyHotel to where it needs to be as a brand, and you’re excited to do the work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Start Date: June/July 2019
- Salary: Salary commensurate with experience - please be sure to tell us your salary expectations in your application.
- Benefits + Perks: We match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to our 401(k) up to 4%. You’ll get shares in the company after your first quarter. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage. We’ll reimburse you $75/monthly for your cell phone or give you a new one.
- Manager: Associate, Digital Marketing
- Location: You will be working directly out of our Washington, DC office, located on H Street NE.
- Team Beats Individual: We are in this together. We hold all team members responsible for bringing talent into our organization and guests to our hotels -- after all, it’s the only way we’re going to grow.
- Answers to Your Questions: We have hopefully anticipated and answered many of your questions in our insider candidate playbook HERE. Please read this before you apply.
At WhyHotel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our work and our community. WhyHotel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.