Enterprise Account Executive
Seattle, WA /
At WhyLabs, we’re on a mission to build an interface between AI applications and human operators. WhyLabs started at the Allen Institute for AI (AI2), a fundamental research institute as an Observability Platform for making AI robust and reliable. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering individual data scientists and AI practitioners — we’ve seen firsthand how our tools for model and data health democratize and accelerate AI in the real world.
Success at WhyLabs relies on combining outstanding engineers and product designers, with best-in-class technologies to build a product that’s loved by both customers and open source users. Our team is responsible for scaling data pipelines, developing elegant and intuitive interfaces, employing state-of-the-art ML modeling techniques, and leveraging best practices for seamless deployment.
Why work with us?
This is a rare opportunity to be part of something unique, where your contributions will make a huge impact to both WhyLabs customers and the entire company. At WhyLabs, we are defining the AI Observability category with an exceptional product. Every person who joins the team is jumping onto a rocket ship, and will play a huge part in helping us get to the destination. What’s more, you’ll be working with a talented team who have a track record of building successful products at companies like Cloudflare, Lyft, Stripe, Amazon, and Microsoft. We’re solving technical and complex problems, and we’re doing it at scale.
WhyLabs is hiring exceptional individuals to join our founding enterprise sales team. In this role, you will be working with a highly differentiated product that customers use to solve the largest remaining unsolved problem in AI/ML. You will help define the playbook and work closely with customers and partners to identify their unique needs to clearly convey the value of the WhyLabs AI observability platform. You are highly intelligent, hardworking, driven, passionate and a strategic thinker.
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are operated? Apply to join our fast-growing company!
- Challenging the status quo by positioning WhyLabs’ differentiation and value to a technical buyer.
- Proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop a sales pipeline while running an efficient sales process.
- Strategic research based outbound prospecting and lead qualification.
- Close business to meet and exceed bookings objectives.
- Build, maintain and own specific relationship and org maps including existing relationships and aspirational contacts.
- Develop a deep comprehension of prospect’s business. Identify a robust set of business drivers behind all opportunities.
- Work closely with cross-functional team (solution engineering, customer success, product) to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling business outcomes and quantifiable value.
- Systematize and build a playbook of activities to advance WhyLabs’ GTM goals.
- Highly intelligent. High EQ. Self-aware, Coachable. Resourceful. Builder mindset.
- Exceptional communication skills. Fast learner.
- Has demonstrated success in closing business and a track record of exceeding quota consistently over the last 3-5 years.
- Experienced selling complex technology where a “re-frame” around the problem statement was required to qualify and progress opportunities.
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, Outcome Based Selling, Challenger Sales).
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively build a business case with prospect around identified pain with a direct tie to differentiated product capabilities. Can articulate business value of complex enterprise technology.
- Skilled in building business champions and running a complex sales process.
- Strong Discovery, Objection Handling, negotiating and Closing Skills.
- Experience working for an innovative high growth tech company is a plus (SaaS, Big Data, APM or similar preferred).
Be Your Best At WhyLabs
At WhyLabs, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build the interface between humans and AI applications. As teams across industries adopt AI, WhyLabs enables them to operate with certainty by streamlining model monitoring, preventing costly model failures, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration. We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. At WhyLabs, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. Learn more about us at www.whylabs.ai.
At WhyLabs, you’ll be supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their families. You’ll enjoy four weeks of vacation each year and our matching 401k program lets employees plan for their future.
WhyLabs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. WhyLabs embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. WhyLabs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role is US-based in Seattle, with the option to work remotely #LI-Remote.