Seattle, WA /
At WhyLabs, we’re on a mission to build an interface between AI applications and human operators. WhyLabs started at the Allen Institute for AI (AI2), a fundamental research institute as an Observability Platform for making AI robust and reliable. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering individual data scientists and AI practitioners — we’ve seen firsthand how our tools for model and data health democratize and accelerate AI in the real world.
Success at WhyLabs relies on combining outstanding engineers and product designers, with best-in-class technologies to build a product that’s loved by both customers and open source users. Our team is responsible for scaling data pipelines, developing elegant and intuitive interfaces, employing state-of-the-art ML modeling techniques, and leveraging best practices for seamless deployment.
Why work with us?
This is a rare opportunity to be part of something unique, where your contributions will make a huge impact to both WhyLabs customers and the entire company. At WhyLabs, we are defining the AI Observability category with an exceptional product. Every person who joins the team is jumping onto a rocket ship, and will play a huge part in helping us get to the destination. What’s more, you’ll be working with a talented team who have a track record of building successful products at companies like Cloudflare, Lyft, Stripe, Amazon, and Microsoft. We’re solving technical and complex problems, and we’re doing it at scale.
We're looking for a founding member of our solution engineering team. In this role, you will act as a trusted advisor to prospective and existing customers. You will also work directly with our co-founding team, sales team, product team and ML Engineering team to provide value-based evaluation scenarios including demonstrations, labs, and POVs, to aid in closing business. You will contribute to open source libraries (https://github.com/whylabs) as well as to the development of key components of the enterprise platform that enables robust operations of AI applications. You will sit at the intersection of product, sales and engineering and will work with the broader team to continue building and expanding WhyLabs.
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are operated? Apply to join our fast-growing company!
- Own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, designing and leading a tailored and business value-aligned technology evaluation process
- Serve as our first line expert educators on the WhyLabs Platform, building demos and presentations for customers and field experts
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations
- Serve as a trusted advisor on MLOps; enable customers to solve complex problems using WhyLabs - monitoring structured or unstructured data, observing the health of the entire ML lifecycle and testing reliability of models and data
- Provide guidance on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team's needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and sales to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with our co-founders, product, engineering, sales, and marketing
- Systematize and playbook pre-sales activities, such as demo and POC assets
- 5+ years of experience in customer facing technical roles (can include sales at a B2B software company or DS/ML consulting)
- Expertise in modern machine learning frameworks and technologies
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies in the Data Science and Machine Learning space
- Hands-on experience building and implementing machine learning or AI tools
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure that solutions deliver the greatest impact on business outcomes
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a customer's specific business problems to WhyLabs’ differentiated platform and unique approach to ML Observability
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Be Your Best At WhyLabs
At WhyLabs, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build the interface between humans and AI applications. As teams across industries adopt AI, WhyLabs enables them to operate with certainty by streamlining model monitoring, preventing costly model failures, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration. We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. At WhyLabs, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. Learn more about us at www.whylabs.ai.
At WhyLabs, you’ll be supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their families. You’ll enjoy four weeks of vacation each year and our matching 401k program lets employees plan for their future.
WhyLabs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. WhyLabs embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. WhyLabs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role is US-based in Seattle, with the option to work remotely #LI-Remote.