São Paulo /
At WhyLabs, we’re on a mission to build an interface between AI applications and human operators. WhyLabs started at the Allen Institute for AI (AI2), a fundamental research institute as an Observability Platform for making AI robust and reliable. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering individual data scientists and AI practitioners — we’ve seen firsthand how our tools for model and data health democratize and accelerate AI in the real world.
Success at WhyLabs relies on combining outstanding engineers and product designers, with best-in-class technologies to build a product that’s loved by both customers and open source users. Our team is responsible for scaling data pipelines, developing elegant and intuitive interfaces, employing state-of-the-art ML modeling techniques, and leveraging best practices for seamless deployment.
Why work with us?
This is a rare opportunity to be part of something unique, where your contributions will make a huge impact to both WhyLabs customers and the entire company. At WhyLabs, we are defining the AI Observability category with an exceptional product. Every person who joins the team is jumping onto a rocket ship, and will play a huge part in helping us get to the destination. What’s more, you’ll be working with a talented team who have a track record of building successful products at companies like Cloudflare, Lyft, Stripe, Amazon, and Microsoft. We’re solving technical and complex problems, and we’re doing it at scale.
About the job
As a member of our early team you will be responsible for building core components of the customer-facing WhyLabs Platform. Your work will help customers across AI organizations monitor the health and performance of their AI models at enterprise scale. In this capacity you will build intuitive and robust interfaces for visualizing statistical properties of models and data. Furthermore, you’ll help invent new ways of communicating AI application performance to stakeholders, and you will help shape the experience of transparency in operating a complex AI application. To learn more about WhyLabs, check out our open source logging standard for AI applications - https://github.com/whylabs/whylogs - send us feedback and give us stars!
WhyLabs is a fast-growing early stage startup. There will be many opportunities for career growth and real ownership of projects as we move fast to build solutions for customers who deploy and operate AI at scale.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer and early member of this team, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to help grow the WhyLabs Product team and define the foundations of the product
- Play a big role in establishing the engineering culture of the company, engineering processes, and best practices
- Work closely with our CPO to help define the look and feel of the product, and the technical roadmap
- Participate in customer development meetings to build a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Move fast to support customers and new features that take the customer experience to the next level
- Introduce new technologies and internal tools to help us accelerate feature development
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years professional experience building customer facing web applications
- Desire for ownership and building key pieces of platform and infrastructure
- Experience working on large-scale production web applications
- Strong knowledge of CSS and CSS performance optimization
- Experience with client-side memory and performance optimization approaches
- Passion for writing clean, concise, and well-organized code
- Experience working with complex data visualization and statistics
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on machine learning applications or machine learning tools in a commercial setting
- Experience working at a startup and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3 or Visx
- A passion for SVG manipulation or animation
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience with AWS deployment or container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
Be Your Best At WhyLabs
At WhyLabs, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build the interface between humans and AI applications. As teams across industries adopt AI, WhyLabs enables them to operate with certainty by streamlining model monitoring, preventing costly model failures, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration. We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. At WhyLabs, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. Learn more about us at www.whylabs.ai.
At WhyLabs, you’ll be supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their families. You’ll enjoy four weeks of vacation each year and our matching 401k program lets employees plan for their future.
WhyLabs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. WhyLabs embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. WhyLabs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This role is US-based in Seattle, with the option to work remotely #LI-Remote.