Entrepreneur In Residence - Security & Privacy
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Wilbur Labs – Entrepreneur In Residence /
About Wilbur Labs
Wilbur Labs is a startup studio turning bold ideas into market-leading companies. We identify big customer pain points and build businesses to solve these problems. We then work with the founding team to manage the company and continue to provide funding, shared resources, and operational support to ensure management is focused on solving problems that matter. Since 2016, we have built and invested in 21 companies and expect to launch several new companies over the next year.
About This Role
With the ever-growing online presence of consumers, it’s more important than ever to have protection in place to mitigate the risk of identity theft, harassment, fraud, and other forms of cybercrime. Wilbur Labs is seeking an Entrepreneur in Residence to define, launch, and lead an exciting new stealth venture that will offer new online privacy protection services to everyday consumers and businesses.
In this role, you will take over existing research on consumer pain points in online privacy management and collaborate with the Wilbur Labs studio team to develop a go-to-market strategy and MVP product offering. You will then leverage your industry expertise and project management skills to launch the MVP and own product development and growth through data-driven decisions.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced business and product leader with a passion for taking companies from 0-1 to work alongside the Wilbur Labs studio team and lead the development of an exciting new venture.
We are open to remote work.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as the overall lead for the business by managing all essential business activities in the 0-1 phase
- Own core business operations, including sales, partnerships, P&L management, product, and team development
- Lead the design, development, and launch of the MVP and new features rollout, to accelerate growth of the new business
- Develop the product roadmap and build alignment across team members
- Define product requirements and manage end-to-end implementation, including writing technical specs, collaborating with engineering, overseeing QA, and measuring impact
- Oversee legal compliance while managing relationships with counsel and law firms supporting the business
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results
- 5+ years of product business leadership, management, or related experience
- Built and scaled consumer products that people love
- Entrepreneurial track record of taking an idea to reality
- Experience managing or collaborating directly with engineers
- Strong analytical skills and philosophy of making data-driven decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong business acumen including familiarity with developing forecasting models
- Versatile self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
Preferred Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Prior experience leading business operations, product development, marketing, or engineering at a startup in the cybersecurity, legal, or compliance industry
- Prior experience with both B2C and B2B2C focused startups
- Prior experience developing subscription-based service offerings