Head of Product
Open to San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX /
VacationRenter – Product /
VacationRenter is the fastest growing vacation rental search engine. We love vacation rentals, but not how time-consuming and complex it can be to find the right one. So we reimagined a better way. We eliminated the need to search across several different sites and scroll through pages of irrelevant results just to find the perfect home away from home. We bring all the rental options from the leading travel sites together in one place and showcase only the best results.
VacationRenter was founded in 2018. The company recently announced driving over $1 billion in 2020 gross bookings only two years after launch, making it the fastest growing travel company, ever. It’s also one of the fastest growing websites, across any industry – SimilarWeb named the company one of the 100 fastest growing websites of the year in 2020.
VacationRenter was born inside Wilbur Labs, a San Francisco-based startup studio. Founded by ex-Googlers, VacationRenter uses automation and AI to help travelers find the perfect vacation rental.
About This Role
We are looking for a proven product leader to join the VacationRenter team as the Head of Product. You will step into a central role, working with a world-class team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and marketers, to build and scale the VacationRenter product as the best place to find a vacation rental. You will work across core and emerging business segments, execute on growth initiatives, while establishing and improving product development processes.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with company leadership to define and achieve the long-term product vision for VacationRenter. It is perfect for an experienced product leader who wants to help build a world-class product organization from the ground up.
San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX is preferred, and we are open to remote.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, and launch of new products and features to accelerate growth
- Leverage and implement best in class product development and management practices
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners, and the leadership team
- Define product requirements and manage implementation from end to end, including writing technical specs, collaborating with engineering, overseeing QA, and measuring impact
- Analyze data and conduct user research to identify insights and inform product decisions
- Lead experimentation through A/B tests to improve performance on key business metrics
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results
- Be a key representative for our travelers, empathize with their needs and strive to create the best possible experience for our customers
- 5+ years of product management leadership or related experience
- Built and scaled global consumer products and ecosystems that people love
- Experience delivering optimized and consistent UX across mobile and desktop
- Technically proficient and able to collaborate directly with engineers
- Strong analytical skills and philosophy of making data-driven decisions
- Strong attention to detail and highly adaptable
- Entrepreneurial track record of taking an idea to reality
- Versatile self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
- Prior experience at a startup or in the travel industry
- Prior experience working on search experience products
- Prior experience with A/B testing and self-service analytics
- Prior experience managing to LTV over long purchase cycles
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- Top-tier laptop and accessories provided
- 100% company-paid health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited, guilt-free vacation days
- Uber/Lyft to and from work (employees based in San Francisco)
- Transportation stipend (employees based outside of San Francisco)
- Healthy breakfast, snacks, and lunch provided daily
- Annual wellness stipend (gym + other wellness activities)
- Monthly house cleaning stipend
- Annual travel allowance
- Annual new cell phone stipend
- Annual laptop refresh
- Charity donation company match
- Employee referral bonus
- Quarterly team offsites
- State-of-the-art ergonomics and workstations