Woodland hills, CA or Westwood, CA or Orange County, CA or South Bay, CA or San Diego, CA /
Barkbus – Sales /
Founded by Los Angeles dog-loving entrepreneurs and creatives, Barkbus is centered around building a community of world-class grooming talent and providing a reliable luxury service through seamless technology. Our goal is to end traumatic trips to the grooming salon by providing a safe and stress-free mobile grooming experience at your doorstep.
Backed by San Francisco-based Startup Studio, Wilbur Labs, we have built a foundation of convenient and luxury mobile dog grooming to pet parents throughout Southern California, and are now excited to be expanding to Texas. Guided by our Core Values of Authentic, Creative, Fun, Resilient, Smile Makers, and Together, we were named to Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 Best Places to Work.
About The Role
Simply put – you love people, you love dogs, and you love talking to people about dogs! As an Existing Business Sales Associate, you will be responsible for the repeat client lifecycle & ensuring client retention. You’re proactive, adaptable, and a relationship-builder at your core. You’re excited about the challenges that come with building a startup, and enjoy being both strategic and hands-on.
As an Existing Business Sales Associate in a rapidly scaling startup, you have the opportunity to further fuel the company’s growth by responding to & confirming inbound appointment requests via phone, email, and text, as well as proactively sourcing for future appointments to maximize daily efficiency. The ideal candidate loves taking initiative to ensure an excellent client experience, thinking creatively to always find a solution, and thrives in a fast-paced environment where they can work autonomously while being both analytical and creative.
- Serve as a professional, efficient, and friendly point of contact for all existing clients providing insight into their grooming inquiries.
- Proactively confirm appointments for existing clients utilizing Barkbus prospecting tools, community engagement, and other potential channels of appointment sourcing.
- Achieve individual monthly revenue targets.
- Reacquire clients that have churned by gathering feedback on why they left, and creatively redemonstrating our value in a way that speaks to & solves their pain points.
- Handle a high volume of requests while maintaining the ability to perform detailed administrative tasks such as entering client data into our CRM, scheduling appointments, and sending text communications.
- Share the Barkbus value proposition with returning clients and provide an elevated experience for both Pet Stylists and clients.
- Solicit and organize post-appointment feedback from clients and share that information with management in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience.
- Be excited to master details around specific dog characteristics & local geography to achieve operational excellence.
- Strive to strategically schedule appointments to minimize drive-time, reduce service refusals, & create efficiency within groomer schedules.
Who You Are
- You’re Relentless. You have the determination and grit to keep working on a problem as new challenges emerge, while maintaining the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- You’re a Problem-Solver. You’re able to think quickly and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a Communicator. You listen actively and endeavor to understand the needs of our clients and our business. You express your ideas clearly and communicate effectively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You’re honest and ethical in all interactions and uphold company values and policies.
- You’re Dedicated. You’re committed to providing a tailored VIP experience during each customer interaction.
- You’re Empathetic. You’re able to see situations from the customer's perspective and provide the best solutions aligned with the Barkbus mission.
- You’re a Multi-Tasking Master. You have excellent attention to detail, are organized, and can handle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be both a people and dog lover!
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a client-facing sales role.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization.
- Proficient with Google productivity suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc).
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary starting at $65,000
- Monthly bonus target
- Stock Options upon required tenure
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance & Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Barkbus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate an inclusive work environment and encourage folks of all backgrounds to apply. At Barkbus, we embrace our differences and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.