Entrepreneur In Residence
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
Wilbur Labs – Entrepreneur In Residence /
About Wilbur Labs
Wilbur Labs is a startup studio turning bold ideas into market-leading companies. We identify big customer pain points and build businesses to solve these problems. We work with industry leaders to manage the company, and continue to provide funding, shared resources, and operational support to ensure management is focused on solving problems that matter to users. Since 2016, we have built and invested in 15 companies and expect to launch 3-4 new companies over the next year.
Building a company is typically a rare, one-time event. Some people even refer to it as trying to “bottle lightning.” At Wilbur Labs, it’s a repeatable and systematized process. Turning a bold idea into a business is what we do – over and over.
As an Entrepreneur In Residence, you’ll work closely with the Wilbur Labs founders and studio team to co-found and scale one of our next portfolio companies. You either have a specific idea you want to work on, or are interested in working together on identifying an opportunity in an area you have deep expertise in. Together, we’ll research, plan, and turn that idea into a market-leading company.
We offer founder equity, competitive salaries, with top notch benefits and perks.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead research through consultations with industry experts and potential customers
- Define go-to-market strategy for the company
- Develop a financial model in support of the business
- Own core company functions including product, growth, and business development, for initial phases of the business
- Partner closely with Wilbur Labs and studio advisors
- Self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
Preferred Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Prior startup founder or experience working at an early stage company
- Demonstrated experience building products and leading teams
- Obsessed with a particular problem you are interested in solving