Woodland hills, CA or Westwood, CA or Orange County, CA or South Bay, CA or San Diego, CA /
Barkbus – Sales /
Founded by Los Angeles dog-loving entrepreneurs and creatives, Barkbus is centered around building a community of world-class grooming talent and providing a reliable luxury service through seamless technology. Our goal is to end traumatic trips to the grooming salon by providing a safe and stress-free mobile grooming experience at your doorstep.
Backed by San Francisco-based Startup Studio, Wilbur Labs, we have built a foundation of convenient and luxury mobile dog grooming for Pet Parents throughout Southern California, and have recently expanded to Texas. Guided by our Core Values – Authenticity, Creativity, Fun, Resilience, Smile-Making, and Togetherness – we were named “2022 Best Places to Work” by Los Angeles Business Journal.
About The Role
Simply put – you love people, you love dogs, and you love talking to people about dogs! As a Sales Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting both our New & Existing Business Sales teams. This role is an ambassador to Barkbus, welcoming and building the foundation of a lasting relationship that Pet Parents will have with us by painting the full picture of the Barkbus value proposition, educating & setting client expectations, and ensuring that viable pets are booked into the schedule.
As a Sales Coordinator in a rapidly scaling startup, you have the opportunity to further fuel the company’s growth & expansion by supporting Sales Associates in managing a high volume of incoming leads via phone, email, and text. The ideal candidate loves taking initiative to ensure an excellent client experience, never takes “no” for an answer, and thrives on flexibly adapting in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Serve as a professional, efficient, and friendly initial point of contact for all new clients that book online, providing insight into their grooming inquiries.
- Proactively work to ensure our standby list of clients stays up-to-date, moving appointments up as necessary to maximize daily efficiency.
- Support Sales Associates in achieving their monthly revenue targets by preventing cancellations, assisting in rescheduling, and ensuring leads are responded to in a timely manner.
- Handle a high volume of requests while maintaining the ability to perform detailed administrative tasks such as entering client data into our CRM, rescheduling appointments, and sending text communications.
- Share the Barkbus value proposition and set proper expectations with new clients to ensure an elevated experience for both Pet Stylists and clients.
- Be excited to master details around specific dog characteristics & local geography to achieve operational excellence.
- Strive to strategically reschedule appointments to prevent revenue loss, minimize drive-time, reduce service refusals, & create efficiency within groomer schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- You’re Relentless. You have the determination and grit to keep working on a problem as new challenges emerge while maintaining the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- You’re a Problem-Solver. You’re able to think quickly and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a Communicator. You listen actively and endeavor to understand the needs of our clients and our business. You love talking on the phone, and express your ideas clearly, and communicating effectively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You’re honest and ethical in all interactions and uphold company values and policies.
- You’re Dedicated. You’re committed to providing a tailored VIP experience during each client interaction while helping the company achieve monthly revenue goals.
- You’re Empathetic. You’re able to see situations from the client’s perspective and provide the best solutions aligned with the Barkbus mission.
- You’re a Multi-Tasking Master. You have excellent attention to detail, are organized, and can handle multiple tasks at once.
- Must be both a people and dog lover!
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a client-facing sales role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization.
- Proficient with Google productivity suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc).
- Ability to work weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly rate starting at $21-25/hr DOE
- Stock Options upon required tenure
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance & Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan