Full-Stack Software Engineer
Remote (Austin, TX or San Francisco, CA preferred) /
VacationRenter – Engineering /
VacationRenter is the fastest growing vacation rental search engine. We love vacation rentals, but not how time-consuming and complex it can be to find the right one. So we reimagined a better way. We eliminated the need to search across several different sites and scroll through pages of irrelevant results just to find the perfect home away from home. We bring all the rental options from the leading travel sites together in one place and showcase only the best results.
VacationRenter was founded in 2018. The company recently announced driving over $1 billion in 2020 gross bookings only two years after launch, making it the fastest growing travel company, ever. It’s also one of the fastest growing websites, across any industry – SimilarWeb named the company one of the 100 fastest growing websites of the year in 2020.
VacationRenter was born inside Wilbur Labs, a San Francisco-based startup studio. Founded by ex-Googlers, VacationRenter uses automation and AI to help travelers find the perfect vacation rental.
About This Role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, full-stack engineer who wants to help us build out the future of vacation rental search. San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX is preferred, and we are open to remote.
We offer competitive salaries with top notch benefits and perks.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with leadership, product, and engineering, to design, architect, and implement new features
- Contribute to all parts of the business where software is needed: backend, frontend, back office, data warehousing, and reporting
- Partner with the existing team to augment your own contributions
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Ability to communicate clearly and write clear documentation
Preferred Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Prior experience at a startup or travel company
- Experience with Google Cloud or an equivalent cloud services platform
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- 100% company paid health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited, guilt-free vacation days
- Annual wellness stipend (gym + other wellness activities)
- Monthly house cleaning stipend
- Annual travel allowance
- Annual new cell phone stipend
- Charity donation company match
- Professional development program