Civil BIM Modeller
Delivery – Delivery /
Since our founding in 2017, Willow has grown from a start-up in Australia to serving customers around the globe. Our product offering digitizes the build world for a better world. We make our customers buildings work smarter for them and the environment.
You will be joining a team of performance-driven Willowers, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen.
About this role:
Willow Delivery Team:
The future of buildings is digital. As the services arm of Willow’s business, the Delivery team partners with owners and general contractors of building and infrastructure assets to deliver a full spectrum of digital outcomes for buildings. Our implementation of Digital Twins for buildings and infrastructure provides clients with enhanced decision-making, operational efficiencies, reduced risk, cost and time savings, and improved quality throughout the project lifecycle. Our services include digital project management, Asset Information Management, Building Information Modelling (BIM), BIM management and coordination for design, construction, and operations, building analytics, and creating Digital Twins across asset portfolios, new construction, and existing facilities.
Summary of role:
As our BIM/DE Coordinator, you will have a strong background in active Digital Project implementation and delivery, You will be responsible for collaborating with design consultants, construction contractors/subcontractors, IT/OT Vendors, Systems Integrators, and other internal and external project Stakeholders on behalf of Building and Infrastructure owners and operators. You will be following and improving project implementation plans and processes, being self-motivated to learn new processes and technologies, and sharing and educating the members of the wider Delivery team and the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the end-to-end implementation of technology for our customers
- Coordinate and manage delivery team activities and members from other Willow offices
- Create strategies and tools to increase productivity while reducing risk in delivery
- Promote the use of digital processes and technology for our clients to improve outcomes during the entire lifecycle of a project, through design, construction, handover, and operations.
- You may need to assist project teams in the digital project setup. Digital Coordination, Federation, Clash Detection, Model Quality (Geometrical and Asset Data), and data extraction
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from our Smart Building and Product/Engineering teams
- Leverage Willow’s open-source Ontologies to create digital twins with internal and external team members
- Support site setup activities and testing in WillowTwin software offerings and on WillowTwin Delivery
- Build a deep understanding of product and solution architecture to support customer use cases, outcomes, and ROI
- Identify and lead continuous improvements to drive increased value and effectiveness
- Work with Customer Accounts in the procurement and on-boarding of new customers as well as ongoing success, maintenance, and upgrades to existing customer deployments
- Occasionally get to travel domestically and internationally (covid permitting)
- Willow will allow you to work on and participate in major construction and infrastructure projects locally and globally. The immediate need for this role will be to support one of our flagship projects, Melbourne Metro. Where the focus is at the moment on managing and implementing modelling, drawing, and asset data production workflows with an emphasis on civil works.
What we expect from you:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, or similar relevant experience or qualification
- Professional services background and knowledge in the AEC industry for civil or infrastructure project delivery in coordination, modelling, and/or drafting
- Demonstrated industry experience in the application of software for civil delivery using your in-depth industry knowledge
- Experience or Training in Civil Software such as Bentley (MicroStation or OpenRoad), Civil 3D, and GIS is preferred. Or at least knowledge of similar tools or civil delivery processes.
- Manage and implement modeling, drawing, and asset data production workflows that emphasize civil works (road, rail, and utility works).
- Having a technical aptitude and hands-on experience with BIM, Design Technology, Graph Databases, or Data management and interpretation is a plus, but a non-stop desire to learn more and get deep into the work is a must!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to train others
By joining our team of Willowers, we offer true flexible working arrangements, remote and/or hybrid as well as parental leave available for those budding families.
But it is not all about us – it’s about you and the world around us. Willowers can dedicate up to 3 days a year to causes they love or level up through our Willow Academy. Psst…we’ve got your back with cool discounts on shopping and services too.
We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
At Willow, we’re not just looking for the right git for the job – we’re excited to embrace a rainbow of talents and perspectives, fostering a vibrant workplace where all individuals are celebrated and discrimination is left at the door.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com