Civil Engineer (MicroStation & OpenRoads)
Delivery – Delivery /
Since our founding in 2017, Willow has grown from a start-up in Australia to serving customers around the globe. Our product offering digitizes the build world for a better world. We make our customers buildings work smarter for them and the environment.
You will be joining a team of performance-driven Willowers, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen.
Summary of Role:
In this Civil Infrastructure Technician role, you will provide technical design support utilising Bentley tools (such as ProjectWise, MicroStation, OpenRoads, and OpenRail), to update (and create, where required) 2D and 3D models of civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will be working closely with engineers and project managers to deliver drafting and modelling updates for minor and major infrastructure projects. Subjects covered will involve but are not limited to, road modelling, rail modelling, utilities modelling, and surface modelling.
Previous experience in infrastructure design would be preferred, and 5–10 years in a similar role will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work under the instructions of the project DE lead to produce and update 2D drawings and 3D design information at various stages of a project, from the preliminary stages to handover documentation.
- Coordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e. architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
- Carry out 3D models/2D drawings validation checks, coordination review and liaise with third-party models originators for resolution of the design issues.
- Support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
- Attend BIM coordination meeting.
- Identify and keep a record of BIM-specific lessons learned throughout the project to ensure future projects do not replicate the same mistake.
- Provide training to upskill pairs and colleagues.
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
- Communicating throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader could be required.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be in possession of the following skills:
- Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work;
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT;
- Be an experienced user of Bentley software, as a minimum, MicroStation, OpenRoad (or InRoads), OpenRail (or RailTrack);
- Excellent understanding of 3D modelling and 2D drawing production for Infrastructure projects;
- Experience in the use of 12D will be highly valued.
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D to perform modelling tasks and basic 2D drafting.
- Be familiar with other modelling tools such as Infraworks/Revit and the time sequencing tool Synchro 4D.
- Be familiar with undertaking file format conversion to facilitate interoperability between different software.
- Be a methodical worker with a great eye for detail.
- Be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Effective time management skills include the sequencing of work of own and resource management.
- Be involved with other BIM modelers and managers, support networking, and improve CAD standards and workflow efficiency across the company.
- Have knowledge of LiDAR, and Point Cloud data.
- Be able to work simultaneously on different projects.
- Be able to work remotely;
- Be Confident in liaising with people at all levels;
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
By joining our team of Willowers, we offer true flexible working arrangements, remote and/or hybrid as well as parental leave available for those budding families.
But it is not all about us – it’s about you and the world around us. Willowers can dedicate up to 3 days a year to causes they love or level up through our Willow Academy. Psst…we’ve got your back with cool discounts on shopping and services too.
We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
At Willow, we’re not just looking for the right git for the job – we’re excited to embrace a rainbow of talents and perspectives, fostering a vibrant workplace where all individuals are celebrated and discrimination is left at the door.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com