Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start up moving rapidly into its next stage of growth. We are harnessing the true potential of data to transform disconnected built assets into living, learning, and evolving digital twins.
Recently Ranked in Linked In's 2020 Australian "Top 10 Startups", you will be joining a team of performance driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative.
This is a rare opportunity for a Lawyer seeking an impactful role in a fast-growing company. As Legal Counsel, you will have responsibility for providing and managing legal advice to cross-functional teams and have a leadership role within the organisation.
You will work closely with, and report to, the General Counsel.
We are seeking a talented professional with a strong understanding of contractual law and the Australian regulatory framework, gained in private practice or an in-house role, who brings a strategic perspective and an understanding of how the legal framework impacts on business goals and customer outcomes.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Negotiate deals to help the business grow in Australia and internationally with blue-chip clients
- Be responsible for customer, supplier, outsourcing, SaaS and partner contracts.
- Delivering legal training and building processes and policies.
- Working closely with the company secretarial team.
- Monitor legislative/regulatory changes and provide advice to proactively identify issues which may impact strategy, operational issues or business processes.
- Develop policies and practices to ensure compliance with all relevant legal matters, including data privacy and security.
- Effectively working with external law firms where such firms need to be instructed on bespoke matters.
- Proactively seek out ways to improve the legal function and broader business – more than just a legal advisor.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Laws qualification, at least 5 years PQE and be admitted to practise as a solicitor in NSW with a current practising certificate.
- 5 + years PQE, including experience in a well-regarded law firm and/or in-house business.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and high attention to detail, grammar and punctuation.
- Strong understanding of Australian contract law is essential.
- Experience dealing with Australian labour law and Australian privacy law is preferred.
- Flexible and able to prioritise competing priorities under time pressure.
- Maturity to balance business goals with legal risks in line with the business’ risk appetite.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and work of varying complexities and subject matters.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues into succinct and clear advice to enable quick and easy decision making by stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and sound judgement in managing complex and sensitive matters.
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com