Director BIM - Toronto
Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start up moving rapidly into its next stage of growth. We are harnessing the true potential of data to transform disconnected built assets into living, learning, and evolving digital twins.
Recently Ranked in Linked In's 2020 Australian "Top 10 Startups", you will be joining a team of performance driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Due to expansion, we have an exciting new role for a Director Digital Engineering (BIM), based in Toronto. We are seeking someone to be responsible for technical support for securing new business opportunities and setting up the delivery of major projects in this new region for Willow. You will influence business and digital strategy across projects and functions to create value and competitive advantage in conversion, design, procurement and project execution across Willow. You will be required to act as the Key Account Manager for select clients and to ensure long term relationships.
- Lead the technical offering for new business opportunities and project setup for Digital Engineering services in Canada, with a focus on Infrastructure Projects for Toronto and surrounding areas.
- Key elements of the technical offering will be the technical scope, fees, delivery timeframes and the ability to demonstrate the value to the customer.
- Develop & mentor a strong team of technical people that can support delivery of Infrastructure projects.
- Action & refine the go-to-market strategy for Digital Engineering services for the region within Infrastructure projects.
- Contribute leadership and guidance to select live projects as a Digital Delivery Lead or Digital Project Director.
- You will be reporting to the Vice President of Infrastructure Solutions, including strong communication with regional Digital Engineering Delivery Leaders globally.
- You will form a key part of the Digital Engineering Leadership within Willow providing input into the strategies formulated for business development, project setup and delivery.
- You will be accountable for the technical scope and commercial terms for new projects and ensuring the performance of those terms are met through project delivery.
- Actively seek feedback from Clients and Project teams internal and external for project delivery versus agreed scope and service expectation.
- Develop and manage regional client and industry partner relationships for Digital Engineering & Software Product that activates cross-sell opportunities.
- Travel domestically and internationally as requested by the company for project or company business may be required.
Key Skills Required
- Tertiary Degree (bachelor level) in Engineering, Built Environment or Architecture.
- 10+ years experience in the architecture, engineering consulting or construction industry - must demonstrate direct relationship to the time spent in delivery of digital engineering processes for Infrastructure projects – experience in asset operations processes and technology also desirable but not necessary.
- Demonstration of strong experience in understanding and implementing digital engineering workflows and processes for major infrastructure projects.
- Strong ability to network and communicate with clients for new business.
- Experience in commercial management of project fees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and communicate with a team essential.
- Ability to manage time across a wide portfolio of projects.
If you are eager to work in a fast paced, high growth tech start up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Together we can build a brighter future for the built world - A world of curated journeys and personalised experiences.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com