Digital Engineering Automation
Delivery – Digital Services /
Since our founding in 2017, Willow has grown from a start-up in Australia to serving customers around the globe. Our product offering digitizes the build world for a better world. We make our customers buildings work smarter for them and the environment.
You will be joining a team of performance-driven Willowers, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen.
About the Team:
The future of buildings is digital. As the Services arm of Willow’s business, the Delivery team partners with owners and general contractors of building and infrastructure assets to deliver a full spectrum of digital outcomes for buildings. Our implementation of Digital Twins for buildings and infrastructure provides clients with enhanced decision-making, operational efficiencies, reduced risk, cost and time savings, and improved quality throughout the project lifecycle. Our services include digital project management, Asset Information Management, Building Information Modeling (BIM), BIM management and coordination for design, construction, and operations, building analytics, creating Digital Twins across asset portfolios, and new construction and existing facilities.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Digital Automation Specialist with a strong background in active Digital Project implementation and delivery. You will be following and improving project implementation plans and processes, being self-motivated to learn new processes and technologies, and sharing or educating the members of the wider Delivery team and the company. You should have a good background or understanding of Building Information Modeling (BIM), Digital Engineering (DE), Digital Twins, software, or Automation.
You would be actively working within the automation team to develop large-scale automation to deploy on global projects. You will be required to closely interact with both the digital engineering and digital modelling teams and understand their workflows and processes to be able to facilitate them through automation and the application of innovation.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the end-to-end implementation of technology for our customers
- Coordinate and manage delivery team activities and members from other Willow offices
- Create strategies and tools to increase productivity while reducing risk in delivery. Automation tools, workflows, and systems
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from our product and engineering teams. Digital project automation setup for project workflows, data analytics implementation, model federation, reporting, and auditing of models or data
- Collaborative development of automated solutions that are scalable for deployment on global projects.
- Identify and contribute to the development of innovation in complex problem statements
- Ensure stability and robustness through comprehensive debugging and testing
- Deployment of finalised solutions on active projects
- Document and communicate solution overview to software developers for formalisation
- Leverage Willow’s open-source Ontologies to create digital twins with internal and external team members
- Support site setup activities and testing in WillowTwin software offerings
- Build a deep understanding of product and solution architecture to support customer use cases, outcomes, and ROI
- Identify and lead continuous improvements to drive increased value and effectiveness
- Work with Customer Accounts in the procurement and on-boarding of new customers as well as ongoing success, maintenance, and upgrades to existing customer deployments
- Occasionally, will get to travel domestically and/or internationally (covid permitting)
What we expect of you:
- With 4+ years of experience in AEC project delivery and a focus on automation,
- The ideal candidate can manage multiple complex delivery activities across several customer accounts simultaneously.
- Technical aptitude and hands-on experience with BIM, Design Technology, Graph Databases, or Data Management is a plus, but a non-stop desire to learn more and get into the work is a must.
- This role will touch on Real Estate, Construction, Infrastructure, Rail, Facilities Management, Asset Management, or Operations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Great to have:
- Essential Software requirements: Revit, Navisworks, and a minimum of one valuable software listed below.
- Valuable Software: Civil 3D, 12D, Microstation, OpenRoads, OpenRail, OpenBuildings, AECOsim, iTwin
- Essential Languages: Powershell, Dynamo, IronPython, Python 3+, Power Automate
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages like Excel and SQL to be used for data analysis.
- Experience with Bi software, eg PowerBi
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Experience in the asset management field.
- Knowledge of OpenBIM file format (IFC) and experience in use
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Experience building deep learning pipelines using Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Strong theoretical understanding of Machine learning concepts
- Expertise in data cleaning, manipulation, and augmentation
- Ability to manage large datasets for training purposes
- Past experience deploying models (Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure services)
By joining our team of Willowers, we offer true flexible working arrangements, remote and/or hybrid as well as parental leave available for those budding families.
But it is not all about us – it’s about you and the world around us. Willowers can dedicate up to 3 days a year to causes they love or level up through our Willow Academy. Psst…we’ve got your back with cool discounts on shopping and services too.
We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
At Willow, we’re not just looking for the right git for the job – we’re excited to embrace a rainbow of talents and perspectives, fostering a vibrant workplace where all individuals are celebrated and discrimination is left at the door.
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com