Data Research Associate
San Francisco, Denver, or Remote /
As a Data Research Associate, you will perform research to help validate our models and unique datasets. You will work closely with our customer success, product, and engineering teams to ensure high-quality products are delivered. You’ll be an early member of a small but growing team driving growth at Windfall. Additionally, this role will help support Windfall’s continued growth by helping to implement systems and processes as the company scales.
Our mission is to determine the net worth of every person on the planet. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) Be an excellent communicator; (2) Operate with transparency; (3) Provide leverage, not optimization; (4) Make a difference every day; and (5) Act with integrity and trust.
- Perform focused research on US households to help validate our model and dataset
- Explore and evaluate new datasets
- Build out best practice guides for future internal research
- Interpret, build upon and comply with company quality assurance standards
- Collaborate with customer success, product, and engineering teams to continue to deliver new products at the highest quality
- Perform analyses and provide recommendations to ensure we continue to improve the quality of the products
- Professional experience in research and/or quality assurance
- Understanding of consumer wealth indicators
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, such as a start-up, a small non-profit, or management consulting
- Knowledge of and interest in SaaS or data companies
- Understanding of consumer financial data and signals of wealth
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a social science (e.g. Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Public Policy)
- Highly data focused and analytical - You love working with data! Time flies when you’re working in data and doing research on the internet.
- Strong research and writing skills - Synthesizing a research brief, research paper, or literature review from large amounts of disparate data is second-nature to you.
- Strong work ethic - Startups are challenging, and you enjoy putting in the time and effort to build something great. You are looking to grow in your career, and don’t want the standard 9-5.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail - You like completing “To Do” lists and ensuring that things get done and nothing falls through the cracks.
- Scrappy and self-sufficient - You get a lot done with limited resources. You like having support from your manager when you need it, but want autonomy in your work and projects to be able to grow.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills - You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users.
- Experience in non-profit prospect research - You feel right at home with household wealth data and thoroughly understand the needs and expectations of our non-profit customers.
Founded in 2016, Windfall Data provides contextual analytics and modern wealth intelligence to data-driven organizations, putting customers’ databases in a contextual framework so they can make critical strategic decisions. Powered by AI, Windfall’s contextual analytics platform provides a 360-degree view of the database to accelerate workflows and drive better performance. More than 700 organizations use Windfall Data to identify and engage their most promising constituents. Windfall Data is based in San Francisco and backed by En Pointe, EPIQ Capital Group, Bullpen Capital, Bonfire Ventures, Cherubic Ventures, and ValueStream Ventures. Visit www.windfalldata.com for more information.