Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Founded in 2016, Windfall Data is on a mission to determine the net worth of everyone on the planet. The company serves nonprofit and for-profit organizations by providing actionable consumer financial data for households in the US. More than 500 organizations use Windfall Data to identify and engage their most promising constituents. Windfall Data is based in San Francisco and backed by Bullpen Capital, Bonfire Ventures, Industry Ventures, TenOneTen Ventures, Cherubic Ventures, and ValueStream Ventures. Visit www.windfalldata.com for more information.
- Enhance and extend our Java & Kotlin based microservice architecture
- Help to define and enhance our data pipeline processing TBs of data
- Work closely with data science team to put machine learning models into production
- Work to ensure data cleanliness and accuracy at every stage of the pipeline
- Write tools & processes to help clean, evaluate, and process our diverse set of data sources
- 4+ years of data-related engineering experience in a professional environment
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- A fierce sense of ownership and responsibility in one’s work.
- Entrepreneurial desire to move quickly in a fast paced environment on both enhancing existing systems and building new, green-field products.
- Impeccable attention to detail. We take pride in the details!
- Extensive experience with a modern statically typed language (Java, Kotlin, Scala, Go, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with large data sets
- Collaborative team-focused attitude with a strong desire to advance the product and learn new things
- Self-starter with experience turning ideas into actionable designs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with large graph databases
- Knowledge of consumer data space or economics / finance