Nonprofit Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
Founded in 2016, Windfall Data is on a mission to determine the net worth of everyone on the planet. The company serves nonprofit and for-profit organizations by providing actionable consumer financial data that is refreshed on a weekly basis. More than 500 organizations use Windfall Data to identify and engage their most promising constituents. Windfall Data is based in San Francisco and backed by Bullpen Capital, Bonfire Ventures, Industry Ventures, TenOneTen Ventures, Cherubic Ventures, and ValueStream Ventures. Visit www.windfalldata.com for more information.
As a Nonprofit Customer Success Manager, you will own a set of accounts and partner with your customers to ensure they are maximizing the engagement with Windfall. This includes every stage from onboarding to renewal, including proactive account management, data research and analysis, consultative support, and thought leadership. Additionally, this role will help support Windfall’s continued growth by helping to implement systems and processes as the company scales.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the onboarding of new accounts and ensure successful implementation for the lifetime of the account
- Help our product and engineering team continue to deliver new products at the highest quality
- Proactively reach out to customers with ideas and solutions on how to leverage our product to improve their internal processes, workflows, and customer acquisition
- Perform focused research on US households to help validate our model and dataset
- Build relationships and maintain the health of your accounts
- Develop relevant content related to data-driven fundraising best practices
- 3-7 years of experience in analytical, customer facing roles (e.g., customer success, nonprofit development research, consulting, project management, etc.)
- Startup experience, especially in a B2B SaaS or data company
- Understanding of consumer financial data and signals of wealth
- Intermediate in Excel (pivots, vlookups) and advanced in PowerPoint (high design)
- Familiarity with CRMs (Salesforce, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of data science
- Bachelor degree from a top-tier university
Your Working Style
- Balance of Analytical and Interpersonal - You love working in data as much as you love engaging with customers. You get your energy both from engaging customers and getting deep into data.
- Strong work ethic - Start ups are challenging, and you enjoy putting in the time and effort to build something great. You are looking to grow more quickly in your career, and don’t want the standard 9-5.
- Highly organized with a good attention to detail - You like completing “To Do” lists and ensuring that things get done and nothing falls through the cracks.
- Scrappy and self-sufficient - You get a lot done with limited resources. You like having support from your manager when you need it, but want autonomy in your work and projects to be able to grow.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills - You can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users.
- Small, growing team = opportunity for a big impact
- Compensation includes equity and a competitive salary
- Excellent company-sponsored benefits
- Shiny new MacBook Air
- Monthly team events