On- Premise Commercial Premium Sales Representative: Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert-$3K Sign On
Palm Springs, CA /
Sales – On-Premise South /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
Seeking an On-Premise Sales Representative (Commercial Premium Territory) with Intermediate Product Knowledge covering the following area(s):
La Quinta, CA
3k Sign On Bonus
- Develops new accounts and grows our business within existing accounts. Building relationships, surveying for opportunities and selling company priorities are essential deliverables needed in this role. Solicits and receives orders for products in person or via phone and uses company provided technology to maximize the sales opportunity. Sales experience is preferable, in addition to a basic knowledge of the company’s products across Wine, Beer, Spirits and Non-Alc categories. The sales territory is assigned to a particular region or geographic area and will consist of 150-200 active and potential accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned or requested.
- Directs sales campaigns in existing and new target accounts with Company products visiting 8-10 customers daily to grow both distribution and revenue.
- Utilizes company issued technology to manage day-to-day business as well as to track progress on sales goals (iPad, Sales Advisor, Pocket Advantage)
- Prioritizes products to be sold based on Focus Programs (30 and 60 day goals) and key company initiatives that may stretch longer (quarterly, half year, annual in nature).
- Develops new accounts through existing target lists as well as cold-calling on prospective new customers.
- Attend team and company meetings and trainings as required.
- Plans, designs, and conducts educational product presentations, such as staff trainings, wine dinners, country club tastings, and new account openings to promote Wine Warehouse products or to present new promotional opportunities to customers. These activities are often in the evening and sometimes on a weekend.
- Properly records business mileage for reimbursement via Motus software.
- Works with customers and the credit department to collect current and past due invoices. Utilizes technology like TermSync and Dade Mobile deposits to effectively and efficiently manage this part of the business.
- Understands and is in compliance with ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations.
- Performs will-call activities when required: Picking up product and safely delivering the product to customers.
- Investigates customers’ complaints with a high sense of urgency to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy. Outstanding Customer Service is expected.
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company, our customers and our Suppliers.
- Product knowledge (assessed through product quiz)
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills. Personable and engaging
- Ability to overcome basic objections to achieve desired results
- Innovative and proactive
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-20 miles radius of the territory is preferable
- Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Compensation & Benefits:
- $45,000 Base Salary plus commission & Incentives to be earned
- Auto Reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Our benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays.
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.