VP of IT
Commerce, CA /
Information Technology – Information Technology /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
The VP of IT will work closely with the CIO and all members of the IT team to lead ongoing
transformations and manage change across the department and our most impactful company
The qualified candidate will have strong leadership experience, excellent communication and
analytical skills, in addition to management experience to assess the needs of the business and
implement solutions for the organization.
The position primarily works with Wine Warehouse Management and IT resources. In the case
when IT support resources are not available, it is assumed that this resource is able to assist
end users. The VP of IT will be knowledgeable in all technology-supported systems at Wine
Warehouse including; ERP, Business Intelligence, VOIP, cloud computing, email, networking,
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the department including daily resource monitoring, vacation requests, sick days, overtime, etc.
- Prepare business goals for both individuals and teams to ensure optimization of business processes.
- Organizes, coordinates and develops with IT professionals to ensure an effective working environment.
- Leads, challenges and supports the department team members in the execution of tasks and projects
- Identify and drive implementation of best practices throughout the department
- Arranges critical training for department resources
- Bachelor’s Degree Required - Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT or related technical profession
- Minimum 8+ years of people management experience with demonstrated leadership experience managing and mentoring teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal skills working across multiple departments
- Track record of setting timelines and objectives to successfully drive results in a complex technical environment
- Demonstrated great problem solving abilities, excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to understand business issues and translate them into systems requirements
- Strong Unix (SUSE) skills
- Working knowledge of the best practices used in IT while continually researching new industry trends
- Thorough Windows PC and Server Operating System skills and Project Management skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and create project plans that consistently meet the needs of the business
- Daily monitoring, support and feedback of IT resources, infrastructure and systems
- Primary support for Business Intelligence and email systems.
- Works with Technical Trainers to develop training material and perform training sessions to users of the Business Intelligence platform.
- Recommends hardware, software and telecommunication equipment
- Maintain knowledge on emerging trends and initiate appropriate decisions for various technology
- Assists in establishing and developing all IT related policies, procedures and technology objectives
- Primary contact/BASIS monitoring (SAP)
- Level 2 Google Apps support
his role requires on-site, full time and sometimes extended hours - periodic travel to Northern California facility (once a month/once every other month)
Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift, if necessary (average 35-50 pounds). The
physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a high energy, multi-
faceted position requiring personal initiative, flexibility and some routine travel between
Wine Warehouse facilities.
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.