National Account Executive: Northern California: $3K Sign On Bonus
San Francisco, CA /
Sales – On-Premise North /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
$75K-85K Salary @ 18.5% bonus structure and incentives
Develops and implements strategies for increasing sales and profits through an assigned account base. Calls on On-Premise national/regional accounts and key accounts, presents sales material and follows up on sales service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Calls on Bay Area-based corporate headquarters for regional restaurant groups and acts as a key account specialist for hotels.
- Prepares and delivers well-researched, professional sales presentations to corporate decision makers.
- Meets quarterly sales objectives and goals in assigned territory.
- Works with company suppliers to customize sales presentations to meet client’s corporate marketing program needs.
- Coordinates specific pricing in assigned accounts.
- Develops creative marketing strategies for corporate beverage programs, i.e. Wine list; Wine-by-the-Glass programs; Cocktail features, Premium Beer programs; and special events.
- Responsible for coordinating their assigned accounts’ unit level staff beverage training seminars.
- Communicates their designated accounts’ beverage and marketing programs to On-Premise sales teams for follow up and compliance at the unit level.
- Monitors customer sales volume and reports supplier distribution compliance (Gains/Voids).
- Prepares and conducts professional client business reviews.
- Prospects, through cold calling and networking, and evaluates potential new customer groups and reports them to management.
- Extensive product knowledge - wine, beer, and spirits.
- 3- 5 years sales experience
- Four year college degree
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - Proficiency in Google Office a plus
- Standard business hours are Monday—Friday, from 8:00am – 5:00pm. However, overall flexibility in the schedule is required and will occasionally include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnight travel. Additional demands will arise as business necessitates, especially during peak/holiday season and/or as directed by the department head.
- Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Visiting an average of 6 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.