Warehouse Worker - Night Shift
Commerce, CA /
Warehouse – Warehouse South Night /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
2K Sign On Bonus!
Commerce, CA. The work days are Sunday through Thursday
Under close supervision, follows oral or written work orders in the storage or movement of received stock, equipment, or merchandise. Uses hand truck or power devices to haul material to or from storage or work sites to designated areas, and stores items in bins, on floor, or on shelves for convenient removal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Picks product from the warehouse and prepares orders for shipment.
- Manually loads product of wine, beer, spirits and beer kegs into company delivery bobtail truck.
- Checks product to ensure that the correct quantity and the correct product is being loaded.
- Moves product utilizing hand truck.
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse, break room and restroom. (i.e. sweeping and cleaning breakage, discarding shrink wrap, card board boxes and emptying trash cans including the ones in the restroom.)
- Reports any damaged equipment, and/or inventory breakage to warehouse management.
- 2-3 years of experience working in warehouse/ distribution environment is desired.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations depending on the position (Company will train and certify).
- Must be able to work in cold environment (Malt Facility for Commerce employees)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math aptitude.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions.
- Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required.
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours.
- Ability to work in cold environment (36-55 degrees). The temperature varies depending on the location within the facility. Personal protective equipment is provided and required, which includes hat, gloves, and insulated coat/jacket.
- Loading and unloading products into bobtail truck
- Placing cases of wine in the trunks of cars – removing each case from the trunks of cars.
- Handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals or by use of hand trucks.
- Utilizing warehouse equipment such as, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, hand trucks, and dollies.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401 (k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays
- Night Shift pays a $2 / hour differential
$18 - $18.90 an hour
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.