On Premise General Market Sales Representative- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA /
Sales – On-Premise North /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
3k Sign-On Bonus!
Develops new prospects and maintains contact with customers to sell the company’s products. Solicits and receives orders for products by phone or personally from customers or company employees, and then performs certain procedures before orders can be filled. Requires sales experience in addition to an extensive knowledge of the company’s products, and marketing techniques. The position is assigned to a particular region or geographic area.
-Directs sales campaigns in existing and new territories with Company products visiting 8-10 customers daily
-Follows the Company policies for price quotations and availability of product to customers
-Facilitates product sales on selected items/brands within a pre-determined period, meeting monthly and yearly sales goals and objectives
-Works in collaboration with Company supplier partners in achieving pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives (customer rides-with)
-Develops new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers
-Attend monthly team and general sales meetings, including educational seminars on new or existing products
-Plans, designs, and conducts educational product presentations, such as, wine dinners to promote a new product or to present new promotional opportunities to customers
-Reviews and is responsible for product orders, sales activities, commission reports, invoices on products ordered, monthly mileage and expense account (if applicable)
-Follows ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations to be in compliance
-Performs will-call activities when required: Picking up product and delivering the product to customers
-Investigates customers’ complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy
-Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources
- Product Knowledge
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
- Innovative and proactive
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 miles radius of the territory is preferable
- Competitive $50,000 Draw against Commissions and incentives to be earned
- Auto Reimbursement and cell phone allowance
- Our benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Visiting an average of 8-10 accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Handling will-calls: Receiving product from our warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s)
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
- Handling Draft Accounts. (moving kegs in cold room)
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing required.
- Re-stocking existing displays with new merchandise and replenishing cold boxes from product on display, which requires work above the shoulders.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.