Richmond, CA /
Human Resources – Training & Recruiting /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
This position reports to the Talent Acquisition & Development Manager and is responsible for the recruitment of exempt and nonexempt sales staff in California. This includes posting jobs, coordinating interviews, and managing the selection process, while working through job boards and social media platforms. Partners with On-Premise, Chain, Independent Retail, and Category Management teams to support their staffing needs. Also conducts field training and in-house sales training, develops relationships with local universities, and attends Career Fairs. Competitive salary, Benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401 (k) matching and paid vacation and holidays. Compensation range: $65 - $75K + bonus potential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested
- Under the direction of the Talent Acquisition & Development Manager, maintains an effective recruitment program to meet the needs of the Sales & Category Management teams by identifying high-potential internal and external candidates
- Works with Sales Management Teams to coordinate the interview process for job openings
- Partners with the HR team to execute New Hire Orientations and on-boarding
- Partners with the Sales Management team on conducting field trainings with sales representatives, while identifying developmental opportunities and monitoring their progress
- In-the-field trainings will average (3) days per week, contingent on coordination of other job responsibilities, including recruiting needs
- Collaborates with Category Management teams and Marketing on sales training programs and ensures consistent training offerings are delivered
- Initiates the systematic quarterly training programs throughout the sales divisions in Commerce and Richmond facilities
- Under the direction of the Talent Acquisition & Development Manager, supports employer branding and recruiting efforts with various job boards and social media platforms
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a sales or retail environment
- Four-year college degree is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record in presentation skills, ability to teach and motivate others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, understanding and ability to use discretion in compiling confidential and sensitive information and/or reporting matters of importance with the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft and Google Suite at an intermediate level
- Reliable transportation
- Standard business office hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm. M-F) with flexibility in schedule of early mornings, evenings or overnight travel
Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary 25 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with legally recognized disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Demonstrates building displays in store and cutting cases of product that have been sold by Sales Representative to the store.
Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing is required
Demonstrates re-stocking of existing displays with new product sold by Sales Representative and replenishing cold boxes, if applicable, from display product sold by Sales Representative, which requires work above the shoulders
Cutting paper boxes using paper cutter following the specific instructions
Business attire is required during all business-related events, including appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.