Chain Sales Representative- Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto, CA /
Sales – Chain North /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
3k Sign-On Bonus!
Full Time (40hrs per week) Monday-Friday
$36k Salary + Commission & Incentives + $3k Sign On Bonus
Expected Total Annual Compensation $55-60,000
Mileage Reimbursement at 65.5 cents per Business Miles driven
Medical (HMO & PPO), Dental, Vision (PPO)
Annual PTO Accrual with rollover
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Free Life and AD&D Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
- Performs field sales activities of making sales of company products within a designated geographical territory to local chain store decision makers. Provides product sales information to customers within the same designated territory. Makes sales intended to meet and exceed monthly sales goals and completes administrative sales related reports.
- Responsible for selling company products and engaging in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of company products to local chain store decision makers
- Sales Representative is given monthly brand level sales goals on featured Wine Warehouse products for each designated territory. Sales Representative is responsible for achieving or exceeding those sales goals
- Sales Representative is expected to make sales presentations in all chain stores in the applicable territory. These sales presentations are intended to persuade local store decision makers to purchase company products including, but are not limited to, products that are monthly priorities on tracking, cold boxes and shelf placements
- Sells product displays to various locations throughout assigned stores for the purpose of increasing product visibility which lead to replenishment orders
- Identifies key store personnel throughout each assigned account and establishes positive business relationships with store level contacts
- Orders DSD (Direct Store Delivery) product for all applicable Wine Warehouse Accounts, including, but not limited to, beer, wine, seasonal specialty items, discontinued and promotional items.
- Regularly updates field survey information to communicate sales execution to Wine Warehouse management
- Maintains the sales and distribution of old and new Wine Warehouse products in every chain store in assigned sales territory
- Researches and analyzes the sales trends for each account by chain; understanding the business strategies of each chain and the practices of each chain decision maker to persuade local chain store decision makers to purchase company products
- Investigates customer complaints or concerns on product pricing, product availability or matters involving deliveries
- Prepares and assists in any and all supplier surveys or ride-withs that are scheduled in any specific territory
- Effectively uses point-of-sale materials to enhance sales by promoting products resulting in additional sales to the local store. Is required to use and maintain all point-of-sale materials provided by each supplier
- Ability to manage sales territory and sell company products
- Four-year college degree or two years demonstrated sales experience, preferably in the beverage industry
- Demonstrates a commitment to perform the position’s responsibilities with a high level of attention to detail
- Residing within a 10-15 mile radius of the territory is preferred
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two hours is required
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), with the ability to utilize company-provided communication systems and devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation skills
- Can work in the field in a sales territory under minimum supervision
- Must possesses valid unrestricted California Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and good driving record is required
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with legally recognized disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Visiting accounts (8-10) daily to make sales, attempt to make sales and engage in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of the company products to local chain store decision makes that requires driving and getting in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to walk, bend, and reach frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently for the purpose of servicing product sold to accounts
- Building displays in store and cutting cases of product that have been sold by Sales Representative to the store
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing is required
- Re-stocking existing displays with new product sold by Sales Representative and replenishing cold boxes from display product sold by Sales Representative, which requires work above the shoulders
- Cutting paper boxes using paper cutter following the specific instructions
- Must wear appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.