Warehouse Worker - Day Shift
Richmond, CA /
Warehouse – Warehouse North Day /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
Richmond, CA. The work hours are Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Under close supervision, follows oral or written work orders in the storage or movement of received stock, equipment, or merchandise. Uses hand truck or power devices to haul material to or from storage or work sites to designated areas, and stores items in bins, on floor, or on shelves for convenient removal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Checks and receives inbound product and unloads shipments utilizing a forklift and ensures that the wheels of the trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading begins.
- Pulls customer and salespersons’ orders using warehouse equipment.
- Accounts for broken product including proper clean up and disposal.
- Restocks cases and pallets in proper location in a neat and orderly manner.
- Rotates warehouse inventory to assigned locations.
- Performs general cleanup of warehouse (including restrooms).
- Sort pallets and empty beer kegs.
- Checks in all driver returns and delivery invoices, and restocks customer returns in proper locations of the warehouse.
- Ensures that the equipment is in good working condition and must report any equipment problems to warehouse management.
- 2-3 years of experience working in warehouse/ distribution environment is desired.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and reach trucks to retrieve product from various warehouse locations depending on the position is appreciated but not required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Basic reading, writing, and math aptitude.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions.
- Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more repetitively throughout work hours
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and placing the product in the salesperson’s vehicle.
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the trunk of the car.
- Occasional handling of kegs – this must be handled by two individuals
- Riding on a forklift
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay Range: $18-20.90/hr.
- 2K Sign On Bonus!
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401 (k) matching, and paid vacation and holidays
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.