On Premise Market Development Specialist - Gallo - Southern California
Commerce, CA /
Sales – On-Premise South /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
Working collaboratively with sales management and Gallo portfolio management, the Market
Development Specialist provides support and assistance to Wine Warehouse on premise
sales associates to drive sales and distribution in California. Primary responsibilities include
effectively partnering with sales management to provide sales guidance supporting goal
attainment, direct selling and key account management. Additional responsibilities include
training and developing on premise sales representatives, supporting sales bitz’s and leading
key corporate initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Supports assigned WW On Premise Managers in driving key sales initiatives in
Southern California to include a heavy emphasis on achieving 30 & 60 Day focus
goals and must win programs, which include, but are not limited to “We are, They
are”, Concentrate & Break Through, Blackout Bingo AP.
● Collaborates with internal Gallo Sales Manager regularly to ensure timely and
accurate information is shared with on premise sales management
● Partners with internal Gallo Sales Manager, as well as on premise leadership, to
develop and implement sales initiatives (ie. blitz weeks, team competitions,
educational seminars) which support critical objectives for the on premise division
● Develops relationships with 25-50 Key Accounts in the designated geographical area
to drive increased market share and revenue growth within the Gallo portfolio.
● Ensures successful brand launch on Gallo new items through planning, tracking, and
driving execution with Area Managers, Regional Managers and Sales Reps.
● Establish a sense of urgency driving key programs and executing the 6 Standard of
● Drive Gallo initiatives within the various On Premise segments as it overlaps with
dedicated portfolio/brand focus - Luxury, Commercial Premium, Spirits and Gallo
● Works with the National Accounts team in driving Chain Action compliance on Gallo
items to include both mandates and spec items.
● Promotes and drives E-Commerce and Social Media engagements through sales
teams and coverage area on top initiatives.
● 80% Field Facing. Field Work/With’s –With an eye on field execution, the
expectation is to be in the field 4 days per week driving Gallo key initiatives.
● Plans, designs, and conducts educational product presentations, such as staff
training, wine dinners, country club tastings to promote Gallo products or to present
new promotional opportunities to customers. These activities are often in the
evening and sometimes on a weekend.
● Contributes to & attends Regional Manager Team meetings to drive Gallo brands and
to contribute to marketing/sales efforts.
● Actively participates and helps present Gallo initiatives at General Sales Meetings
● Develops and promotes product education at team meetings, GSMs and field work
● Attends Gallo District Manager and Wine Warehouse Management Trainings.
● Direct communication with key Gallo personnel is essential.
● Drive knowledge, usage and adoption of key Gallo & Wine Warehouse sales tools
(Distributor Scorecard, Recommended Restaurant List, Lander, E-Commerce, digital
assets, Gallo Content Hub, Gallo Gateway, etc.).
● Maintains and manages inventory levels, delivery and usage of On-Premise Point of
● Utilizes company issued technology to manage day-to-day business as well as to
track progress on sales goals (Laptop, iPad, Sales Advisor, Pocket Advantage).
● Properly records business mileage for reimbursement via Motus software.
● Understands and is in compliance with ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations.
Planning and Organizing:
● Planning for key programs and initiatives should take place 30 days in advance
● Calendar – monthly review with Gallo One Premise Manager on calendar planning,
● 1 weekly call (at a minimum) to discuss current week’s successes and initiatives for
the following week and month close
● Works in conjunction with Gallo Winery OP team and Gallo Winery Brand
Ambassadors on scheduling and maximizing market level opportunities.
● Extensive knowledge in the beverage industry
● On-sale channel experience is required
● Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4 year college or university; one or two years
related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
● Minimum 2 years sales experience in the beverage/alcohol industry
● Superb organizational skills and high sense of urgency for sales goal attainment
● Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to define problems, collect data, and implement solutions
● Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
● Excellent command of written and spoken English
● Ability to make compelling presentation
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
● Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status;
accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
● Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with
resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative
approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets
● Commitment to performance: The ability and eagerness to be PROACTIVE.
Demonstrating a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of
attention to details and high personal standards of performance
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Should you require any
accommodation; a determination will be made at that time regarding whether such
accommodation is reasonable or whether it will create an undue hardship on Wine
● Visiting accounts daily, requiring getting in and out of the vehicle, bending,
stooping, and reaching.
● Placing cases of products in the trunk of the car – removing each case from the
trunk of the car and delivering it to the customer using a hand truck – each case is
estimated to weigh 50 pounds or more.
● Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing are required.
● Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2)
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.