Credit & Collections Manager
Commerce, CA /
Accounting & Finance – Accounting & Finance /
Why Wine Warehouse?
Family – Integrity – Quality
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits. With an award winning premium portfolio, we have something for everyone. We offer a strong family culture, and are committed to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace experience. Quality, family and integrity are the pillars of our company, and we are seeking individuals who share these values.
Has overall responsibility for the Company’s credit and collections functions. Is responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures for investigating prospective customers, researching credit worthiness, authorizing credit lines and following up on the collection of overdue accounts. This position is also responsible for the supervision of the credit and collection A/R staff in Commerce and Richmond, California facilities.
- Demonstrated management skills in Credit and Collection with proven track record of accomplishments in beverage and/or wholesale industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to balance a Sales culture of growth while maintaining the priorities of collecting receivables.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and SAP experience is a plus
- AR/AP experience preferred, along with fundamental accounting skills
- Experience in alcohol beverage industry with knowledge of standard laws and regulations is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels including; support staff, sales team, management and customers.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects with a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and evaluates applications, substantiated data and recommendations, in order to determine credit capacity of existing and new customers.
- Responsible for the management of collecting past -due balances via assignment to internal and external resources to assist in the collections process.
- Reviews collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures
- Monitors account balances and incoming payments on a monthly basis in both northern and southern California divisions to “flag” accounts with past-due balances and to determine the best course of action.
- Makes decisions on resolutions of deficiencies in proceeding with legal proceedings
- Oversees cash applications on all major accounts
- Makes ultimate determination on credit releases, past-due accounts and credit holds.
- Establishes and implements procedures to achieve monthly collection goals; monitors collection activities with an emphasis on streamlining of processes.
- Provides guidance, feedback and coaching to staff with best practices to handle difficult collection issues.
- Monitors the collection of past-due accounts, and determines policies on written, telephone, and personal follow-up procedures.
Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift, if necessary (average 25 pounds). The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. This is a high energy, multi-faceted position requiring personal initiative, flexibility, and some routine travel.
Wine Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Wine Warehouse is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.