Robotics Software Developer
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this fast growing spin-off from ETH Zurich! We have grown to become an international company with distribution partners in 6 continents, thousands of customer flights selling the very first vertical take off and landing drone with professional aerial photography sensors to a lot of happy customers in different industries.
You will be part of our highly cross-functional development team, solving complex aerial robotics challenges from research and development all the way to customer releases. Your solutions will be employed by customers in challenging robotics applications worldwide.
- Explore, develop and deploy novel software features and workflows for the WingtraOne and upcoming products
- Develop and maintain the WingtraOne firmware codebase, ranging from sensor integration, robust state estimation, control, path-planning, as well as communication protocols between system components
- Closely collaborate with the ground control app team to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Integrate, benchmark and validate new UAV sensors and cameras in tight collaboration with the hardware development team
- Facilitate the customer support and manufacturing teams with the insights and software tools needed to increase their productivity
- Take responsibility for writing automated test procedures, flight simulation testing as well as in-field drone testing of your code
- Develop and maintain the toolchain for log data analysis from customers
- Collaborate with the Dronecode open source ecosystem. Wingtra stays as up-to-date as possible with latest developments and contributes back to the community
- 4+ years of industry experience in developing robotics related C++ code
- University degree in computer science or electrical / mechanical engineering (or similar qualification)
- Used to version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies.
- Outstanding general cognitive ability and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Honest, humble, and self-motivated
- Experience with real-time embedded systems, system identification, state estimation and control of UAVs, as well as high-speed communication protocols.
- Experience as software architect or leadership experience
- Experience in flight testing UAV software and electronics
- Worked previously in fast growing teams
- Familiar with PX4 flight stack, Dronecode SDK, MAVlink, low level communication (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C)
Joining the Wingtra team, you will gain a deep insight into applied robotics and future of aerial data. Working in a startup, you will have a personal impact on both the new technology and the organization itself.
We attach great importance to equality of opportunity, regardless of the personal or social background. Become part of this exciting journey and submit your application using the button below.