Robotics Software Developer
Software Engineering /
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scale up with an international and diverse team of 80+ dedicated Wingtranauts, and growing. Founded at ETH Zurich more than 5 years ago, our high-performance WingtraOne drone is continuously improved by a world-class team of 30+ engineers. By now our customers have grown from survey and mapping professionals to scientists, humanitarian organizations and environmentalists. They fly WingtraOne more than a thousand hours on a monthly basis. And we believe this is only the beginning—together we can achieve so much more.
You will be part of our highly cross-functional development team, solving complex aerial robotics challenges from research and development all the way to customer releases. Your solutions will be employed by customers in challenging robotics applications worldwide.
- Explore, develop and deploy novel software features and workflows for the WingtraOne and upcoming products
- Develop and maintain the WingtraOne firmware codebase, ranging from sensor integration, robust state estimation, control, path-planning, as well as communication protocols between system components
- Closely collaborate with the ground control app team to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Integrate, benchmark and validate new UAV sensors and cameras in tight collaboration with the hardware development team
- Facilitate the customer support and manufacturing teams with the insights and software tools needed to increase their productivity
- Take responsibility for writing automated test procedures, flight simulation testing as well as in-field drone testing of your code
- Develop and maintain the toolchain for log data analysis from customers
- Collaborate with the Dronecode open source ecosystem. Wingtra stays as up-to-date as possible with latest developments and contributes back to the community
- 4+ years of industry experience in developing robotics related C++ code
- University degree in computer science or electrical / mechanical engineering (or similar qualification)
- Used to version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies.
- Outstanding general cognitive ability and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Honest, humble, and self-motivated
- Experience with real-time embedded systems, system identification, state estimation and control of UAVs, as well as high-speed communication protocols.
- Experience as software architect or leadership experience
- Experience in flight testing UAV software and electronics
- Worked previously in fast growing teams
- Familiar with PX4 flight stack, Dronecode SDK, MAVlink, low level communication (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C)
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.