Software Developer Apps (C++, Qt/QML)
Software Engineering /
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scale up with an international and diverse team of 80+ dedicated Wingtranauts, and growing. Founded at ETH Zurich more than 5 years ago, our high-performance WingtraOne drone is continuously improved by a world-class team of 30+ engineers. By now our customers have grown from survey and mapping professionals to scientists, humanitarian organizations and environmentalists. They fly WingtraOne more than a thousand hours on a monthly basis. And we believe this is only the beginning—together we can achieve so much more.
In this role you will experience our inspiring team of diverse Engineers from different backgrounds and our super-fun work environment. Within the software development team, you will work on developing the flight planning app and related applications, providing WingtraOne customers with an excellent user experience.
We are very much looking forward welcoming new talent to our team.
- Explore, develop and deploy new user-facing features on a mobile app, improving user workflows
- Closely collaborate with the robotics development team on integrating new functionalities into a seamless customer experience
- Debug, maintain, and improve existing softwareReview and test code manually and write automated tests within our CI framework
- Contribute to software architecture and concepts of new applications
- Share best practices with other Wingtranauts, create an enthusiastic workplace
- Create technical documentation and collaborate with our sales & support teams
- M. Sc. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of relevant software development experience including object-oriented design
- Strong communication skills in English, goal-oriented team player
- Fast learner and highly motivated to adapt and add value to the Wingtra team and customers
- Excellent knowledge in modern C++
- Fluency in source code management with git (or similar)
- Focused on code quality, reusability and simplicity
- Proven cross-platform development experience with Linux, OS X and Android, specifically with Qt and QML (Qt 5, QML, Qt Quick 2)
- Strong understanding of software architecture specific to mobile development
- Previous experience in a young and dynamic startup environment
- Experience with UAV path planning, control, or guidance.
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.