Electronics / Embedded Hardware Engineer
Hardware Engineering /
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this fast growing spin-off from ETH Zurich! We have grown to become an international company with distribution partners in 6 continents, thousands of customer flights selling the very first vertical take off and landing drone with professional aerial photography sensors to a lot of happy customers in different industries.
You will be part of our cross-functional development team, responsible for research and development all the way to successful handover of the designs to the industrialization team. Your solutions will be employed by thousands of customers in challenging robotics applications worldwide.
In this position you will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of various electronic subsystems of our drones (keywords: embedded systems, avionics sensors, power supply, servo and BLDC actuators, RF link, redundant systems).
You will work with our product managers, mechanical engineers as well as SW engineers to redesign, improve and shape our products in the future. You will be responsible for electronic and firmware development projects from initial requirements definition all the way to production. In detail you will
- Develop scalable and reliable custom electronics (architecture, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, testing and integration).
- Write low level software to get your boards up and running and enable other developers to integrate designs into our product.
- Quickly build and test evaluation prototypes.
- Troubleshoot complex systems from an electronics as well as firmware perspective.
- Run projects with our internal engineering team as well as with external engineering contractors.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering.
- 6+ years industry experience in electronics / embedded SW development.
- Strong understanding of analogue and digital circuit design concepts.
- Proficiency in electronic design from component selection to board bring-up.
- In-depth embedded SW development skills (C/C++).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex systems (electronics and firmware).
- Software development experience within the Dronecode (or related) open source ecosystem
- Experience specifically with STM32 microcontrollers.
- Track record in regulatory compliant product development (EMC CE / FCC).
- Experience with designing UAV Autopilots (DO254 & DO178), sensors and architecture
- Experience with high-speed wired and wireless datalinks.
Joining the Wingtra team, you will gain a deep insight into applied robotics and the future of aerial data collection. Working in a startup, you will have a personal impact on both the new technology and the organization itself.
We attach great importance to equality of opportunity, regardless of the personal or social background. Become part of this exciting journey and submit your application using the button below.