Senior Community Coordinator I (Roxbury/Dorchester Area)
Residential – Connected Communities /
WinnCompanies is looking for a Senior Community Coordinator I to join our Nuestra team located in Roxbury, MA.
In this role, you will work as a core part of our property management team to support and enhance the quality of life at a portfolio of properties in Roxbury across Winn's six key outcome areas: Stable Housing, Employment, Education, Health, Community Engagement and Economic Mobility. Nuestra consists of a portfolio of approximately 1,000 apartments, with a team of four community coordinators working together to serve the residents.
You will work with residents, partners, and the community staff to identify needs, interests, and opportunities for individuals and the community at large. You will also utilize community assessments and one-on-one coaching to establish community needs, while building a targeted network of strong community partners across Winn's outcome areas to develop and coordinate resource referrals, targeted interventions, on- and off-site programs, and community engagement opportunities.
Please note that this job will require to rotate 2-3 days a week to satellite offices around the Boston area. This job is offering a pay range of $65,000-$72,000 annually based on experience.
- Create and implement an annual Connected Communities plan for the community based on need, interest, and opportunities.
- Create a comprehensive strategy for program development and implementation, information collection, partnership development, and budget implications.
- Manage property Connected Communities budget.
- Review and track goals with Property Managers and Regional Managers.
- Coordinate resources for residents that address six key community outcomes: housing stability, employment, economic mobility, education, health, and community engagement.
- Provide direct assistance, program referrals, and 1-1 coaching (when necessary) to individuals and families based on assessed need
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers, resident leadership, community stakeholders, and other community partners in Winn’s 6 key outcome areas.
- Create and manage Memorandums of Agreement (MOUs) with third parties providing services and programs on and off-site for residents.
- Utilizing CONNECT, collect, manage, report on, and analyze resident data, and ensure accuracy and consistency with established data.
- Data collected through annual resident questionnaires, resident touchpoints, community programs, activities, and partner reporting.
- Effectively develop methods of communication with residents, including but not limited to quarterly community meetings, a monthly community newsletter, event flyers, and social media updates.
- Share resources, best practices, provide guidance and technical support to team and staff within the region through regional staff training and 1:1 consultation.
- Onboard and mentor new community coordinators within the region as assigned by the Regional Manger, Connected Communities.
- Participate in departmental projects, working groups, and committees that directly support and enhance Connected Communities. Present trainings in partnership with team members.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities provided by the region, department, and Winn.
- Work as part of a three-person team to develop a new resident services program serving a variety of populations including seniors, families, formerly homeless.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- A current driver's license in good standing and ability to meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy. Ability to travel to different properties within the portfolio.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Outstanding customer skills.
- Ability to produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Ability to summarize and communicate moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success with partner management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Must be able to travel to different properties within the portfolio.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Social Work, Business, Public Policy or related field.
- Bilingual in English and Haitian Creole.
- HUD RSC Certification.
- Capacity to train and mentor others.
- Experience with Title 3 Grants-Social work.
$65,000 - $72,000 a year
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.