Property Manager III (SoMa)
Residential – Property Management /
Full Time /
WinnCompanies is looking for an agile and driven Property Manager III to join our team at SoMa, a 347-unit market-rate residential community located in Mattapan, MA.
In this role, you will effectively manage, market, and maintain the apartment community, meet the financial objectives of the owner and management company, and comply with all applicable regulatory standards and requirements.
- Collaborate with senior management to establish appropriate rent levels. Review rent schedules. Oversee preparation and submittal rent increases and renewals.
- Maintain optimum level of occupancy. Process timely and accurate move-ins, move-outs, recertifications and renewals. Approve rental applications adhering to property standards and all appropriate agency standards. Follow company marketing policies and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the property tenant files are organized, complete and accurate. Ensure that Property Software Data is accurate at all times. Ensure that the site(s) maintain compliance with applicable state and federal program regulations.
- Ensure the property and grounds are well maintained. Direct maintenance team to implement maintenance programs and controls. Report property incidents, accidents, and injuries in accordance with company policy. Resolve Resident issues and conflicts timely and in accordance with site guidelines.
- Prepare the property's annual budget for approval by senior management.
- Provide accurate financial reporting and monthly variance reporting.
- Solicit bids, process Purchase Orders and Invoices as needed in accordance with Winn Purchasing Policy. Ensure timely collection and deposit of all rents and fees in accordance with local laws and Winn Rent Collection guidelines.
- Use company directives to screen, hire, and train new personnel.
- Promote staff efficiency and engagement through ongoing company and industry trainings, instruction, and leadership.
- Use the company's Professional Development Program (PDP) to develop, train and engage site employees.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- A valid driver's license in good standing and ability to meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Knowledge of property management.
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant laws.
- Knowledge of marketing and leasing techniques.
- Experience with computer systems, particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Yardi or RealPage property management software.
- CAM – RAM & ARM honored; CGPM – NAA or NAMA honored certifications.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.