Assistant Property Manager (Kennedy Communities)
El Paso, TX
Residential – Office /
Full Time /
WinnCompanies is looking for an organized and agile Assistant Property Manager to join our team at Kennedy Communities, a 364-unit mixed community located in El Paso, TX.
In this role, you will support the Property Manager in managing all aspects of the community, including leasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, service requests, and customer service.
- Monitor collections, post rent payments, enforce the collection policy, and initiate legal action when required.
- Facilitate all aspects of apartment leasing: touring with prospective residents, processing applications, processing recertifications, and negotiating lease renewals.
- Provide exceptional customer service, respond to resident issues and complaints in a timely manner, and promote positive resident relations.
- Assist in all facets of physical and financial management as needed and assigned.
- Act as Property Manager in absence of the Manager for specified amounts of time.
- Prepare financial reports for the Property Manager, as well as resident correspondence and recertification notices.
- Monitor the flow of accounts payable, from issuing purchase orders to processing invoices.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Less than 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with various computer systems, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and be trained.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Associate's degree.
- Experience with Yardi or RealPage property management software.
- Experience in property management.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.