Maintenance Technician III (Southern Hills Apartments)
Residential – Maintenance /
Full Time /
Carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and you! These are some of the most important things we need to maintain our properties and keep our residents happy. If you're looking to make a difference with your technical knowledge and excellent customer service, then we want to hear from you.
WinnCompanies is looking for a motivated and dependable Maintenance Technician III to join our team a Southern Hills Apartments, a 255-unit affordable housing community located in Washington, DC.
- Diagnose, problem solve, and make repairs in areas including, but not limited to: appliances, carpentry, hardware accessories, masonry, painting, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Lead and train other maintenance technicians.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating procedures.
- Ensure vacant apartments are prepared for occupancy and market ready in accordance to company standards.
- Assist property's maintenance supervisor with preventive maintenance program, building and safety inspections, and annual unit inspections.
- Maintain grounds and curb appeal through snow removal, landscaping, and trash management activities.
- Be available for on call activity during off hours and emergencies based on a pre-determined schedule and need.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliances, and HVAC.
- Basic familiarity with computers and tablets.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak and understand basic English.
- Availability for on-call activity during off-hours and emergencies based on a pre-determined schedule and need.
- Vocational or technical training.
- CAMT certification.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.