Maintenance Supervisor III (SoMa)
Residential – Maintenance Management /
Full Time /
WinnCompanies is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who will train, coach, and develop a team at SoMa, a 347-unit market community located in Mattapan, MA.
In this role, you will oversee the maintenance operations of the property, supervise maintenance staff at the property, and perform maintenance functions.
This opportunity offers a regular business hour work schedule: 8am - 5pm.
- Lead and manage a maintenance staff at the property on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist in hiring, developing, training, and holding staff accountable to operating standards.
- Conduct and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Responsible for preparing work schedules for maintenance staff and vendors to complete service requests and maintain the preventive maintenance program and overall curb appeal.
- Complete monthly building and unit inspections to ensure property is maintained to operating standards. Review third party property inspections to resolve maintenance repairs.
- Maintain working knowledge of all maintenance programs and capital improvement projects.
- Solicit bids from contractors with approval from the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Participate in on-call activity during off-hours, emergencies, and hands-on maintenance activity.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliance and HVAC.
- CAMT certification.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English, in order to understand basic instructions and take direction from supervisors.
- Experience with computer systems, particularly Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- A current driver's license in good standing and ability to meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Availability for on-call activity during off-hours for urgent needs.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
- Vocational or technical training.
- HVAC, Asbestos, or Lead Based Paint certifications.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.