Community Coordinator I (Nuestra Comunidad)
Roxbury, MA /
Residential – Connected Communities /
Our Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
Works as a core part of our property management team that supports and enhances the quality of life at a portfolio of properties in Roxbury & Dorchester across Winn’s six key outcome areas: Stable Housing, Employment, Education, Health, Community Engagement and Economic Mobility. As part of a team of three Community Coordinators, works with residents, partners, and the community staff to identify needs, interests and opportunities for individuals and the community at large. Utilizes community assessments and one-on-one coaching to establish community needs. Builds a targeted network of strong community partners across Winn’s outcome areas to develop and coordinate resource referrals/follow-up, targeted interventions, on and off-site programs and support, and community engagement opportunities.
- Create and implement an annual Connected Communities plan for the community based on need, interest, and opportunities. Create a comprehensive strategy for program development and implementation, information collection, partnership development, and budget implications. Manage property Connected Communities budget. Review and track goals with Property Managers and Regional Managers.
- Coordinate resources for residents that address six key community outcomes: housing stability, employment, economic mobility, education, health, and community engagement. Provide direct assistance, program referrals, and 1-1 coaching (when necessary) to individuals and families based on assessed need
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers, resident leadership, community stakeholders, and other community partners in Winn’s 6 key outcome areas. Create and manage Memorandums of Agreement (MOUs) with third parties providing services and programs on and off-site for residents.
- Utilizing Apricot 360, collect, manage, report on, and analyze resident data, and ensure accuracy and consistency with established data. Data is collected through annual resident surveys, resident touchpoints, community programs, activities, and partner reporting.
- Effectively develop methods of communication with residents, including but not limited to quarterly community meetings, a monthly community newsletter, event flyers, and social media updates.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities provided by the region, department, and Winn.
- Work as part of a three-person team to develop a new resident services program serving a variety of populations including seniors, families, formerly homeless.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web based applications. Produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Ability to summarize and communicate moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Provide a high level of customer service to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned responsibilities.
- Drivers’ license required. Must be able to travel to different properties within the portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Business, Public Policy or related field
- Spanish strongly preferred. Haitian Creole also beneficial.
A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve.
A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace.
A job you can learn from: We reward our team’s passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.