Laborer (Fort Wainwright)
Fort Wainwright, AK
Military Housing Services – Maintenance /
Full Time /
WinnCompanies is searching for a dependable and motivated Laborer to join our military team in Fort Wainwright, AK.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to perform maintenance and cleaning functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. You will also support safe operation of warehouse facilities, including sweeping, stocking shelves, and part delivery, and perform setup and clean-up tasks for various projects.
- Deliver tools, equipment, and parts through property when required.
- Assist with community event set up and tear down.
- Maintain and rehabilitate property. Duties include, but are not limited to: cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, repair or replacement of lights, roofs, heating/air systems, appliances, etc.
- Transport, install, and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Perform on-call emergency repairs and complete repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Load and unload trucks and other conveyances; move supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stack materials for storage or binning; collect refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transport equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Dig/fill and tamp earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovel concrete; clean culverts and ditches; cut tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Remove floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Remove damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site cleanup.
- Respond to service calls to complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Update work order status, including time, materials, and notes.
- Maintain vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Less than 1 year of relevant work experience.
- A current driver's license in good standing and ability to meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Entry-level knowledge of basic maintenance.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Basic familiarity with computers, web-based applications, and mobile devices.
- Ability to read and write in English, in order to understand basic instructions and take direction from supervisors.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can be proud of: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in apartment community management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve and making a positive difference in their lives.
A job that challenges you: Our employees are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge our team members to always be their best in our fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding workplace.
A job you can learn from: We offer multi-faceted leadership and learning opportunities to support our team members’ career growth and professional development.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation, diversity and mutual respect. Through our recognition and rewards programs, we’re committed to celebrating and uplifting our team members.
WinnCompanies is a mission-driven, national business focused on building and operating top quality affordable housing communities for individuals and families of all incomes, including members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. Our people are the source of our success – 4,000 team members working together to create the best possible living communities in 24 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Whether your skills are in operations, maintenance, leasing, compliance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting or finance, there’s a role for you at WinnCompanies. Your passion for excellence can help us make a positive impact in the lives of real people every day.
If you are a California Resident, please see our Notice of Collection here.
Current Winn employees should apply through this internal link.