Security Guard (Diego Beekman)
Diego Beekman Non-Union /
Full Time /
Our Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
Generous time off policies (including 12 paid holidays)
Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time
403b plan options with a company match
Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
Long Term Disability and voluntary; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
Voluntary benefits options through Aflac
Diego Beekman Mutual Housing Association, HDFC is seeking a Security Guard to monitor and coordinate the security of the property through proactive measures, while reacting to ongoing issues and concerns of the community. In this role, you will observe and report on matters of safety and well-being as it applies to the residents and the property and ensure the community rules and regulations are being followed and maintain order in the community.
This position is offering $15.50 to $16.88 per hour, depending on experience.
- Make routine patrols of all the grounds and parking areas throughout the property. This includes random inspections of building hallways and common areas and make reports of any findings to management via incident reports.
- Report any and all safety hazards in the form of a Service Order. This includes, but is not limited to: inoperable common area lighting, unsecured building or apartment entry doors, inoperable common area emergency lighting, trip hazards, or any other deficiency. Emergency maintenance items requiring immediate attention will be reported directly to the on-call maintenance personnel.
- Assist in emergency response and work to ensure order is maintained.
- Coordinate safety efforts with other parties involved such a local police departments, third party security provider, and/or third party monitoring contractor to facilitate the sharing of information essential to a successful security plan.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of local laws.
- Basic understanding of landlord and tenant law.
- Ability to speak and understand basic English.
- Professional License as defined by NYS Department of Licensing (8-hour and 16-hour Security License within 90 days of being hired).
- Vocational or technical training in SPO/Criminal Justice.
$15.50 - $16.88 an hour