At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing market making services for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Relationship Manager ideally based in London who will drive further growth of our business. We are looking for someone who knows traditional financial markets and/or crypto markets and is excited to make a big impact at Wintermute.
Wintermute’s customer facing business includes:
• OTC business: institutional (traditional finance and crypto-native), HNWIs; through chats, API and dedicated trading platforms.
• Market making services: providing liquidity for top tier blockchain projects as official market maker
• Structured products
• Partnerships with various crypto-native projects and platforms on a wide variety of topics
• Partnerships with exchanges, lenders, custodians and other ecosystem players
You will focus on at least two of the above and will be primarily responsible for growing Wintermute's existing relationships: developing deeper and broader partnerships, cross-selling various products, identifying and acting on new demands, proactively updating on relevant developments, etc.
As we are a hyper-growth startup in one of the most dynamic industries, we are constantly changing and so do the roles of everyone in the company. Your role will be truly varied and will include some of the core ownership areas, as well as various projects based on both your talents/preferences and business needs of the company. There is a lot of room to shape and expand this role - there is no limit set by the company!
Hard Skills Requirements
• 1 -3 years of experience growing own customer base; track record of significantly growing revenue / consistently reaching/overachieving growth targets;
• We are open to people from other customer-facing roles (B2B sales, sales trading, wholesales trading, investment banking, consulting, etc.) but would need to see proven record of tangible business results
• Experience with either traditional finance products (trading products, OTC products, eFX, structured products, ETFs, CFDs/NDFs) OR crypto-native products (OTC, crypto market making, lending/borrowing, etc.)
• Clear interest in blockchain/crypto and some experience in it at least privately;
• Sc/MSc in Business/Economics/Finance or any related degree
• Fluent English; other languages at professional level would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - this is not about pitching, but being able to develop a relationship with various people, be convincing, concise, precise, a good listener; being clear on next steps and always following up on promises
• Structured approach, responsive and excellent at follow ups: if these are not your strengths, it would be difficult to succeed in this role
• Have an owner mentality: you focus on the ultimate result for the company (short and long-term growth)
• Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical
• Love seeing the tangible results of you work
• Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
• Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset; prepared to work non-standard working hours when necessary (since we have international counterparty base and operate in high-growth 24/7 crypto world)
• Like working in the team collaborative environment, ideally at least half-time working from our office
• A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take 5-10 years longer to get in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
• A unique opportunity to join a high growth startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups globally
• Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
• A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch; Singapore based is also an option (for PR holders or citizens only)
• Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board and computer ; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
• Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed compensation you get significant performance-based variable pay
Tips for Successful Application
• Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and this space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job" or pursues purely mercenary objectives
• Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
• Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute generally and your specific role in particular
• Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions. If you don't have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable
• Prepare to be tested on our hard skills requirements
• Prepare to demonstrate “Other requirements”
• Do your basic homework on crypto markets and what hft/market making/algo trading is
• We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!