Core Developer (Python)
Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the highest standards of technological and trading sophistication from traditional financial markets and 2) technology startup nature, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supports high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Core Developer to work on building out an automated trade reconciliation system. This is a greenfield project and you will work closely with the Lead Core Developer, CTO, Middle Office Lead and traders.
The solution will match order and transfer information from the large number of crypto exchanges that we trade on to generate near-live middle office confirmations and reconciled positions, live alerts, and historic reports. We are a Linux based company and the solution will be built in Python and should "talk to" C++ stack. It is going to be a very high-performance solution that should be capable of reconciling up to 100M transactions a day.
The role is ideal for a candidate with strong Python skills who is interested to work on building new high-performance systems and developing their knowledge of system architecture, as well as of finance and trading. Crypto exchange experience is not required, but interest in financial and crypto markets would be an advantage.
Hard Skills requirements
- 3+ experience of Python 3 development (could be academic or personal projects)
- Experience working with reconciliation, risk or other middle office systems would be an advantage, but not required
- Experience building/ugrading and using SQL based databases
- Familiarity with Linux, on desktops and servers
- Understanding of git or any other source versioning systems
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner and not like a 9-to-5 or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role (both company and the role specifically); this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Do some basic research - look at Wintermute website, LinkedIn, Twitter channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute and in this role. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We are able to arrange a UK visa sponsorship for the right candidates