Core Developer (Python/C++)
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.
Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official liquidity providers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Core Developer to work on building out an automated trade reconciliation system. This is a greenfield project and you will work closely with the Lead Core Developer, CTO, Middle Office Lead and traders.
The solution will match order and transfer information from the large number of crypto exchanges that we trade on to generate near-live middle office confirmations and reconciled positions, live alerts, and historic reports. We are a Linux based company and the solution will be built in Python and should "talk to" C++ stack. It is going to be a very high-performance solution that should be capable of reconciling up to 100M transactions a day.
The role is ideal for a candidate with strong Python skills who is interested to work on building new high-performance systems and developing their knowledge of system architecture, as well as of finance and trading. Crypto exchange experience is not required, but interest in financial and crypto markets would be an advantage.
Hard skills requirements
- 3+ experience of Python 3 and/or C++ development (could be academic or personal projects)
- Experience working with reconciliation, risk or other middle office systems would be an advantage, but not required
- Experience building/upgrading and using SQL based databases
- Familiarity with Linux, on desktops and servers
- Understanding of git or any other source versioning systems
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful technology teams globally
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- We support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours; however, we require hard/smart work and >60% work from the office; we are unable to accept remote candidates
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is similar to that of owners - significant performance-based variable pay and the best thing - your contribution directly impacts both and the upside is unlimited
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance and free food, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help in relocation
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner and not having a 9-to-5 or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least >60% working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Tips for successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role (both company and the role specifically); this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Do some basic research - look at Wintermute website, LinkedIn, Twitter channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute and in this role. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We are able to arrange a UK visa sponsorship for the right candidates